GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apple is very scared

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
Linky

They want to ban the Galaxy Nexus from being sold in America because it infringes on 4 patents, including slide-to-unlock. What do you guys think?

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Apple has a couple suits out there against several new phones that "infringe" on certain capabilities that are similar to theirs, including SIRI and other items that they say they patented and pioneered. Unfortunately, they also forget to mention that some of the new features from the iPhone 4/4S are similar or exact duplicates of the ones that are used on Android like the notification pull down menu and such....

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
I think it's a 100% blatant rip off of their product. I don't think they are scared either.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Coming from someone 10 years in IT:
Apple has lost their minds and are the biggest hypocrites in tech.

their lawsuits are not only hypocritical but are trying to stop innovation from anyone but themselves. It is ridiculous.

apple isn't scared? They should Be. Samsung is breaking records in the mobile arena. 10 million pr-orders on the S3 worldwide? LoL apple dreams of doing that. Samsung has a huge snowball going downhill and it is getting even bigger.

Oh, and this is old news. courts shot them down cold. S3 has already been shipping out in the states for about 2 weeks now.

iOS ripped off the pulldown menu
OSX has ripped off countless features

Yes, windows has too most recently in win7 with the "dock"

none of it is a ripoff anymore than the other. It is innovation and the reason we have the tech world we have today. It stuff like this was stopped we would all be on crappy Motorola phones and IBM computers. Remember those days?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

evodon841

Passed Driver's Ed
but you can still get the better one, the Google Galaxy Nexus, thats Samsungs.

This is Google's made by Asus.
https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa&feature=device-featured

Umm no, both the phone in the OP and the phone you linked are the same, Galaxy Nexus line made by Samsung. The new Google Nexus 7 tablet that was announced this week is made by Asus.

As to Apple I agree with an above poster about how much stuff iOS has ripped off from Android like pull down notifications. I really hate Apple, but I'll admit that Samsung is probably the worst at cloning all of Apple's shit. I mean S-Voice..... haha

sent from tapatalk app on GS2

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Yes I admit Apple is very scared. Even though the Google Nexus is a 7" tablet, with its low $200 price tag it really puts pressure on Apple. The other $200 tablets (Kindle Fire, etc.) on the market never offered as much power as the new google nexus tab. This tab is a true contender that can really threaten Apple's revenue. Apple hates to lower their hefty $500 price tag on the iphone jumbo.

Let's admit apple has stole there fair share of stuff from google. Notifications, Music on the cloud, others have yet to think of.

I used to own Apple products when it wasn't cool. That was when apple really came out with innovative ideas and put customers as the most important thing. Now Apple is just a corporate giant that is looking to rip off customers.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Let's not forget that apple didn't patent or "invent" siri.

Anyone heard of dragon naturally speaking? If dragon was a douchebag company apple would be the one getting sued.

Anyone that says apple has been ripped off are the same people that said androids are all rip offs of iphones. Come on people. everyone manufaxrured flip phones once they were innovated and then sliders and now smart phones. That's how technology works.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Apple has a couple suits out there against several new phones that "infringe" on certain capabilities that are similar to theirs, including SIRI and other items that they say they patented and pioneered. Unfortunately, they also forget to mention that some of the new features from the iPhone 4/4S are similar or exact duplicates of the ones that are used on Android like the notification pull down menu and such....

Exactly. the difference here is that Microsoft, google, cisco, linksys (now cisco), hp, Motorola and samsung along with all the other big boy companies don't care because that's what makes us constantly evolving our tech.

Think about it. If this crybaby junk was acceptable in tech we would all still be using myspace and we would hace 2 choices foe phones : flip phones or an iphone 1. who wants to live in that world? Not me.
Speaking further on patents : the US patent system is so broken and dysfunctional it isn't even funny. Apple would patent the apple and the curent state of the system would almost allow it.