GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone using the Powerflex hybrid dogbone puck?

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Sounds like you should be fine.

PS
Your signature is super distracting with a font size larger than your messages. Just my 2c.
Thanks. Fixed the signature.

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Don’t see how that could be the cause.
Tires/spacers. Check your rear wheels

This vibration is new. Not the wheels, tires or spacers. I all have been replaced and vibration remains. The Powerflex washer is so close to contacting the subframe, I was wondering if, at certain RPM, it actually touched and was what I was feeling. When first installed 2 years ago, it was nicely centered. I checked the dogbone bolt tightness, and upper motor mount (BFI) bolts. Checked bolts on the Strut brace, hatch brace and lower rear subframe brace. All are tight. Still need to check upper trans mount bolts (BFI insert).

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Ah, I had a similar vibration from a broken rear spacer lip. Maybe you could perhaps do a test with a dab of paint and see if they’re making contact?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Haven’t read this whole thread yet, I plan to but I would like to swap out my BFI Stg2 insert for a Powerflex. Which dogbone mounts work with this insert as I plan to upgrade from OEM while I’m in there. Thanks.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
If you have a 6 speed then grab the roceuro arm.

For the 7 speed, not much out there. Apr basically which seems fine but one guy bent his.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Any roceuro black friday deals 😹

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Why wouldn't you recommend the roceuro arm? It's better than the other offerings. Wish they made one for the 7 spd

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Why wouldn't you recommend the roceuro arm? It's better than the other offerings. Wish they made one for the 7 spd
Because 2-4 people didn’t tighten down the bolts (or the bolts initially with the kits had back out issues) or the owners did not pair thier setups well tighter and were using a super solid dog bone setup with stock or o34 motor mounts that allowed too much movement and stress on that arm/bolts in vertical manner...

My roc -euro arms been on my car now for 3-4K and I’m not easy on my car with launch’s or shifts especially with the way the twin disc grabs! Nor is my car a mild stage 1 or 3 car in the power department. No issues at all.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I recall reading about a user that destroyed his Trans housing with the RocEuro but it boiled down to user error if I recall correctly.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Yeah I figured DDW was referring to the guy who cracked his trans housing.

You cant believe everything you read on the internet. Half the shit (or more) that people post on here as "product issues" is user error and they wont admit it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah I figured DDW was referring to the guy who cracked his trans housing.

You cant believe everything you read on the internet. Half the shit (or more) that people post on here as "product issues" is user error and they wont admit it.
DDW is the guy who’s housing cracked unfortunately.