GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running these ?

Giusep4

Sawwuce Bawse
You know a MK6 is almost exactly the same car as a MKV right?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373127667.338337.jpg

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
You know a MK6 is almost exactly the same car as a MKV right?

Right? It doesn't take a giant leap of the imagination to use that pic as a reference to visualize what they'd look like on a MKV. Way to shit on someone trying to be helpful.

OP, all the 5 spoke choices look pretty spindly and bendy. If by "winter wheel" you mean wheels durable enough to deal with potholes and frost heaves, I'd stay the hell away from "airy" wheel designs and get something with more spokes, evenly distributed around the wheels, or an OEM set, or steelies. Low profile tires and flimsy wheels are bound to cause issues.

Plus you'd have to have pizza-sized big brakes and be crazy low to pull off wheels with that much open space.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
VMR's look better, but are almost double the price.

Just saying...

Winter in Chigago is not the time or place for cheap wheels. They don't stay cheap long when you bend them and bubble a tire on the first pothole you can't avoid.

Dunno about the durability of those VMR 5 spokes, but my VMR V710s survived some hard hits and were worth every penny. VMRs aren't Motegi-cheap, but they're some of the cheapest "good" wheels on the market.

lyonsroar

GTI newb...
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I live in Omaha, Nebraska... our winters also suck balls.

Last year I ran these POS MSW 16's. They cost next to nothing and with that gigantic sidewall I really had no worries.

IMG_6094_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

Those VMR's are $1000 a set. I can't imagine spending $1000 on a set of winter wheels...
Not to mention, the VMR's are gigantic. I think you want the smallest, narrowest wheel you can get in the winter...