GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running Firestone Firehawk 500 tires? (225/40 R18's)

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
These are the tires I'm going to tomorrow. The Goodyear Eagles were great in the dry and wet but dry-rotted something awful with plenty of legal tread left on them.

Latron

Master of oil top off
Car(s)
2015 GTI DSG
These are the tires I'm going to tomorrow. The Goodyear Eagles were great in the dry and wet but dry-rotted something awful with plenty of legal tread left on them.

I have been running the Firehawk 500's for almost a year now. I LOVE them!! I have the 17's but they have had great grip on all occasions, even in the 30 degree weather we have been having in Dallas recently. They also wear great!! I have put about 10k on them and still have plenty of tread left on them. Just make sure to rotate them regularly and they should last you for a while. I do not think they can be beat for the price point and wear.

3carmonte

Gelbrain
Car(s)
2007 GTI DSG Coup
@Latron ,
I just got home from Firestone and fell in love with these tires on the way home! Quiet. Nice ride and the handling is terrific. I'm hip about rotation (every oil change). Thanks for the quick response! P.S. The tread pattern is wicked don't you think?

Latron

Master of oil top off
Car(s)
2015 GTI DSG
@3carmonte Yeah it is! I watch Mighty Car Mods on youtube and they run Bridgestone RE003's and I was like I cannot find those here. (they are in Australia) But then I looked at the pattern and was like hey wait... those are my tires! Turns out they are Bridgestones overseas but Firestones here. The tread pattern works great dry or wet. I have no issues doing 70 on the highway in the rain. I have only hydroplaned once and it was the heaviest rain we had had in a while, but it was still vary manageable.