GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone race this?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
anyone race any mustang 5.0's, my buddy has a 5.0 2013 with a tune, probably pushing 450 hp, is this only big turbo worth or can i catch him from a roll. Also, for talking sake, whats the most hp a stage 2 gti can face or beat?

Be careful with those coyote motors. They wake up with a tune. The '13's were 425 hp from Ford. The tune makes a hgue difference. Especially if its a dyno or remote tune from one of the 3 or 4 well known gurus.
I have a 19 GTI and it's my first VW (so I don't have a bunch of experience with these), but I've had a ton of Mustangs/Camaros. The last one was a 2015 5.0 vert that went 10.28 first time down the track.
They can be mean......

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
anyone race any mustang 5.0's, my buddy has a 5.0 2013 with a tune, probably pushing 450 hp, is this only big turbo worth or can i catch him from a roll. Also, for talking sake, whats the most hp a stage 2 gti can face or beat?
With a JB4 and M/T you won’t stick with him long. I’d say up to 4th gear then it’s curtains. HP is relative to weight, hard to guess what’s capable. Check what others are lining up with on YT and such to get a better idea.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Fail wheel drive and manual trans on the gti will make it rather difficult. Even from a roll.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Go BT and show them your tails!

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Do it anyways.
yeah im gonna say, brake boost, wolf style, slicks, I probably don't stay a change even from a roll. I've rode in it and it has some serious balls. but we can do this for science...lol its possible tho, his tires are shot, he is gonna spin wheels if he jumps on it, which I wouldn't wanna be next to lol yall seen mustangs and crowds are attracted

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Stage 2 APR I’ve had good runs with them, even the gen 2 5.0s with FBO.

Manual vs manual makes it a drivers race as they’re pretty evenly matched.

A gen 3 with the A10 auto will take me to gapplebees though, they’re stupid quick.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
yeah im gonna say, brake boost, wolf style, slicks, I probably don't stay a change even from a roll. I've rode in it and it has some serious balls. but we can do this for science...lol its possible tho, his tires are shot, he is gonna spin wheels if he jumps on it, which I wouldn't wanna be next to lol yall seen mustangs and crowds are attracted

Do it on 95 so you can be two lanes away from him ?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Do it on 95 so you can be two lanes away from him ?
There is a spot on 95s in DE that is probably 2 miles long straight shot and 3 lanes wide with little traffic (its where I log) its the best spot i think, alot of the times its too busy around here to even step on it a little or your looking at doing a 60-roll which I really don't like that much, 40 better

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
im gonna have to take out the backseat, spare tire, ect to offset some weight, I wont eat for a few days, gotta do that driver mod too

I can’t remember if there’s any e85 in your neck of the woods, but 3 gallons will make a noticeable difference along with pulling the seat and the spare.

Brake boost and shift at 5,800-6,000 rpm