GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone know what this bolt is and if it’s meant to be sticking out?

CamboJr

It’s the bolt thats low down on the engine to the left of the Audi marks pipe. It’s on the passenger side of the engine. (Right hand drive as I’m in Australia)

The car is a 2008 R32 MKV, 5 door.

Sorry for the really zoomed in pic, I had to make it like that to be able to upload it.

Attachments

• 9400C67B-AD8A-4FC2-ADAE-2F0B7988774B.jpeg
    9400C67B-AD8A-4FC2-ADAE-2F0B7988774B.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Optical illusion looks like that bolt is higher up the engine closer to the other silver bolt above that yellow circled area. Based on the configuration of that black bolt trans upper.

CamboJr

Had it looked at by a mechanic yesterday as I was getting a diagnostic check on a exhaust warning light, and the bolt isn’t even the right bolt for the engine, someone’s did something and put the wrong bolt back in, so it will never screw in, but it’s nothing to worry about as it has another 11 around the engine.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Closest representation it seems. Wonder if the trans was off recently & somebody didn’t tighten stuff correctly? Or put bolt in wrong place?

CamboJr

Closest representation it seems. Wonder if the trans was off recently & somebody didn’t tighten stuff correctly? Or put bolt in wrong place?
On my invoice it says “bolt in bell housing in incorrect part ” and that’s what he said, who ever had it before me must of had something done and they’ve lost it and tried to put that in. I’ll try find one over here in Australia and have it put in next time it’s serviced.