GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone interested in forming a VW Golf GTi Malaysia 'club' / 'group' / 'forum'?

benjern

Hi guys / gals / little fasts / big fasts :)

Before anything else, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY BABY! It's on the way... just a couple more JPJ related matters, a lil prepping and voila...! :)

The first time I got into a Golf GTi and hit the reverse gear at VW Cars (Federal Highway) - I knew... THIS was the car... since then, it's been non-stop dreams... 6 months down the line, it's finally time :drool:

That aside, I'm sure; like yourself, whether you're an enthusiast, someone who's looking to own one or already own one - you would have been looking around for a forum which of course brought you here. These sites are great when it comes to info and such (trust me, without this site, the wait for my car would have driven me nuts! - I needed a place to let out my love :lol:). Only thing that's missing here is localization.

Having had my hand in starting one of the few smart car websites in Malaysia (www.smartcarsmalaysia.com), I'm hoping to take that knowledge to start a forum for VW car owners in Malaysia - we can always start with a focus on the GTi and move on to the rest of the models.

I hope to gather VW owners in Malaysia, have our little escapades around Malaysia or even out of the country, TT (Teh Tarik) sessions, share thoughts, experiences on tuning, warranty etc. - basically gather a strong online community for VW owners.

I don't believe in spearheading anything - as a matter of fact, it's always a team effort to get something going... and that's something I hope to get from you :w00t:

Any ideas? I'm completely open to suggestions! :thumbup:

benjern

that was quick response man...! Tried creating an account at vagmy but was to no avail. For some strange reason, I could register for an account but couldn't seem to activate my membership.

Like deric says, would you guys like the idea of a VW specific forum? Something that makes the site a wee bit exclusive to VW Malaysia enthusiasts and owners discussions?

just a thought.... :)

VDubGuy

Car(s)
07 Golf GTi
I tried registering with vagmy too but there was an error message and when I tried to re-register, my e-mail was noted as already in use. However, couldn't login. What gives? Any vagmy users here who can help. Couldn't even get the email of the moderators.....

jwrx

Ready to race!
i will contact the mods, see if they can help. But honestly, the GTI community is too small to have a active forum in msia. Even vagmy which is audi and VW is quite quiet

vagsg is alot more active, i head over there for parts prices etc.

no harm trying to start a new forum, but dun think its worth the effort when theres already vagmy, vagsg and great forums like golfmk5

jwrx

Ready to race!
like i said, its no point splitting up the malaysian VW community further into more forums when there is already vagmy.com

Im not a founder or anything, just feel its better if all VW owners head to the same msian forum instead of starting up splinter forums

bux

Car(s)
2007 VW GTI MkV
1. Rimsukan: Candy White 2007 KL
2. Dericwan: Shadow Blue 2007 Shah Alam
3. terrorman : CW MKV DSG 2007 Cheras
4. nch: CW 2007 Ampang
5. Bux: Tornado Red 2007,KL

Hi Guys..Newbie here.. 1st post in fact.. =) Jz got my baby abt a week back n hv been obsessed with it ever since.. cant seem to get enough of the car i tell u! anywayy..

benjern.. admire ur enthusiasm man n u hv my full support in wtv it is ur plannin to do for our local VW GTI community.. lemme know if anything comes up yeah...

jwrx.. No offense to u man.. but i personally dont see anything wrong with starting a new ACTIVE splinter forum for owners who actually are interested in socializing with other owners... like u sed urself vagmy is quiet... so why not start a new forum instead of relying on a rather inactive one? never really hurts to try eh? and i dont think the GTI community in our country is small mate... starting to see MORE n MORE GTI's on our roads daily.. so yeah..
Hope to hear more frm our Malaysian GTI community n looking forward to actually seeing benjern's hopes becoming a reality.. Really wana meet other GTI kaki's! =D