GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone here know a dubber named Tony Lin from Brooklyn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GruvDOne

Keeper of the Cheese
Car(s)
MkV GTI
If you do, please advise him that screwing me out of $500 is not going to get him very far in life...

KnockoutNJ

Chillin at a scene show
damm someones getting a:fighting0030:

GruvDOne

Keeper of the Cheese
Car(s)
MkV GTI
any more info on him or the prob?

Sure.

Well, I have been looking for a set of Hufs, as one of mine was recently destroyed by some road debris. I came across this kid's ad on the Golf MkVI forums for a set of Detroits.

So, we talk over AIM on the 17th (2 weeks ago today) and we have a pretty lengthy conversation. He didn't have a paypal account, which I admit should have turned me off from the jump; but we agreed to an arrangement wherein I would wire him half, and once I got a valid tracking number, I would wire him the remaining half.

So, the next day, I do get a tracking number, but it is coming back as invalid. Now, I know that there are places where you can arrange for UPS shipments even on a Sunday, and I expected that the number wouldn't show up in the system until after the items had been picked up and entered into the UPS system. So I waited... Monday goes by, Tuesday goes by still the tracking number number shows as invalid.

Tony claims that he follows up with UPS, who tells him that the tracking number is incorrect - that it got messed up somehow, but that the items are in route and that I should get them on Monday. Honestly, I've dealt with UPS before, and I figured this was a line of BS. I did some research on line however, and found that sometimes (usually around the holidays) this kind of thing can happen. So I waited. Moday goes by.... nothing. I text him, and he says that the wheels are at my hub, and I should be getting them the next day (Tuesday)... how he would know this without a tracking number is beyond me, but ok.. I wait.

Tuesday morning comes up, and he pops onto my AIM and asks me if I got the wheels, I said no. I let the whole day pass, no visit from the UPS man. So, I text him. He says he will go to the spot where he shipped them from after work and find out what the hell is up. After waiting a couple of hours, I text him again, and he says he is there, but getting frustrated with the guy, he would hit me up after he leaves... he never does.

Wednesday I hit him up again, and he tells me that the person working the night shift at that store couldn't tell him anything, so he was going back today. Ultimately, he claimed to leave there and go to an actual UPS corporately owned location. I talked to him on the phone while he was there, and he said they were trying to figure it out, he would get with me once he had an answer. At 4:30 PM Wednesday my time, he replied to a text I sent him and said that he had alot to tell me, but that he wanted to get home first. That was the last word I heard from him. Numerous texts, phone calls and IM's have gone unanswered since. In fact, last night he blocked me from his IM list. I could tell as I have two accounts, and he showed up online on the one he didn't know about, while not appearing on the one we had been communicating on.

What really strikes me as odd in all of this is that normally when someone pulls a scam like this, they disappear after getting some money. Their phone stops working, all lines of communications close, and the perpetrator becomes a ghost. In this case however, we were in daily communication for almost 2 weeks. Granted, he never volunteered anything without me hitting him up first, but still.

I did a reverse look-up on his cell#, and I have his address. The police precinct I spoke with in Brooklyn told me they couldn't do anything as it was considered a civil matter, but the detective did tell me that was a good address (ie not a vacant lot, or otherwise fictitious).

I know that I shouldn't have gotten involved with this with no Paypal in place... but like I said we had lengthy conversations, and I just felt him trustworthy... I got burned, lesson learned... but that does not make what he did right, nor should be allowed to get away with it.

So, if anyone knows this kid... help me out. In fact, I'll even give half what he owes me to anyone who can get the full amount ($482) from him and back to me. Consider it like a reward for a lost wallet.

Thanks all
-Will

(PM me if you want his details)

annoymous1987

Hello vw members:

I know this guy personally. In fact, I've known him for years to come now and actually lived real close by. I know almost everything there is to know about this guy. Well, enough to know he is a bad person and I pity his actions. His name is Tony Lin but his real name is Jin Lin (unless he has changed it permanantly). I am no stalker by the way, use to be good friends with the kid. I am just interested in putting him on blast because he has done many bad things to other people that are my friends and done bad things to me. I've had a lot of problems with this guy. For all those who don't know by now, he lives at 1675 68th street, Brooklyn, NY, 11204. This residence does not belong to him, possibly belonging to his parents. His cellular phone number is (646) 407-5604. I have seen recently. I am hoping one day, this lying, thieving person will get what he deserves. Although, I do not live in this city anymore, I hope the information I have stated has not changed. I just can not believe this guy!

PS: I have followed him on many occasions. Please don't think I am doing too much. I am just defending my friend who he has recently lied to about selling his alphards. I am thinking he is employed at a restuarant on 93rd street and 4th avenue brooklyn ny 11209. Or maybe he just goes there for lunch and dinner daily? No, I am positive. I have eaten there and have seen him working. He does not work at club imperial as stated above in recent comments. From the pictures posted of him online, I believe he is still the same way.

Alexiscoolbitches

Fortified with biscuits
Anonymous posting contact info and whereabouts...

This thread is now 4Chan. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.