GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone have any experience with the B8 S4?

markus037

Ready to race!
So im toying with the idea of moving up at the end of the year. I wouldnt mind having an awd vehicle again and ive always thought the B8 S4 was pretty attractive. From what i gather the car is pretty solid except the early ones had dsg issues. Can anyone else chime in?

ChefT

Ready to race!
So im toying with the idea of moving up at the end of the year. I wouldnt mind having an awd vehicle again and ive always thought the B8 S4 was pretty attractive. From what i gather the car is pretty solid except the early ones had dsg issues. Can anyone else chime in?

I’m in a similar situation, but have widdled it down to an S3 or MK 7.5 golf r. Something about the supercharged 3.0 screams lack of tuning options to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markus037

Ready to race!
there are tons of tuning options for them. you can get 400hp with just a tune. it seems to be the most reliable and the nice thing is the 3.0T is in a bunch of other applications so parts are plentiful. i saw a sepang blue one on my way to target and a white one on the way back. maybe its a sign lol

ChefT

Ready to race!
I guess I’d rather wait for the turbos to hit the secondary market in a few years. S3 or golf r for now.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The b8 is strong and the engine considered quite reliable for a VAG. Just a tune and pulley and they are fast AF. The sc whine sounds cool too.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I’m in a similar situation, but have widdled it down to an S3 or MK 7.5 golf r. Something about the supercharged 3.0 screams lack of tuning options to me.

No no... lots of options. It’s still FI - flash it , baby.

there are tons of tuning options for them. you can get 400hp with just a tune. it seems to be the most reliable and the nice thing is the 3.0T is in a bunch of other applications so parts are plentiful. i saw a sepang blue one on my way to target and a white one on the way back. maybe its a sign lol

Amen.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion