GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone had issues with an Eibach Rear Swaybar on a Rabbit?

nlinesk8s

Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5
I just got a rear swaybar for use with my '09 Rabbit and Street Stock autox. Simply put, it didn't fit. The vendor video shows the new swaybar just going right in.

Looking at the bar ends, they are at an angle to the end link, and no amount of prying down the bar or raising the suspension up made the bolt be able to go through the link and the swaybar end; it's an angle problem. I was able to reinstall my stock swaybar without any problems.

It looks like the bar ends are at an angle vs. what they should be. Wondering if anyone else had similar issues. If it was possible to install this upside down I'd assume that's what I did. But it really isn't.
vw end link fitment (1).jpg

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Is only one side of the car in the air, in that pic?
Or both sides up?

Because the easiest way to reconnect the endlinks is with the car on the ground, or have the rear on ramps, with the suspension loaded.

nlinesk8s

Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5
Both sides. Used a jack to move the suspension up but the angle doesn’t change. The ecs video has both in the air and stock end links and no problem

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Okay....but if you have it on the ground, or the wheels/tires on ramps, it WILL line up no issue. The suspension has to be loaded up & the sway bar will be in a neutral position and it'll go together.