GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else mining

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
😯

Listen, you risk your money anyway you want, but if you think you couldn't lose it all, you're the child.
:ROFLMAO:Aren't you over 50 years old with kids in college? I'm probably only a few years older than your kids yet I already drive the same car as you (higher trim actually 😂) and probably live in a nicer house too. That's all while reinvesting heavily into my business and crypto. And over the last few years while you've been calling crypto a scam everyone else has been seeing 500%+ profits. In another 20+ years when I'm your age I'll be more successful than you've ever been able to aspire to.

So with all that said, you are the last person I would take any sort of financial advice from, mister (y)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
:ROFLMAO:Aren't you over 50 years old with kids in college? I'm probably only a few years older than your kids yet I already drive the same car as you (higher trim actually 😂) and probably live in a nicer house too. That's all while reinvesting heavily into my business and crypto. And over the last few years while you've been calling crypto a scam everyone else has been seeing 500%+ profits. In another 20+ years when I'm your age I'll be more successful than you've ever been able to aspire to.

So with all that said, you are the last person I would take any sort of financial advice from, mister (y)

I have one child that is finished with college and had zero student debt because I put him through college. My parents taught me how to build generational wealth and success. Sorry if you think get rich quick hussles are the answer.

You really think what car I drive is relevant? I've owned 30+ new cars in my life, including two 911's. I have the money to buy any mainstream production car on the market, I choose to keep my and my wife's cars between 30 to 40 ish thousand, because I'm not a moron and would never brag about having a nicer depreciating asset than someone else.

I doubt you have a nicer house, but good for you if you do. We bought well under market value about 6 years ago, and have a large amount of equity. I'm not an insure little boy that needs to have a nicer house to make up for my terrible personality.

Not once did I give financial advice, so...

Again, anyone that thinks crypto can't lose is living in a fantasy world. I've been around long enough to see a lot of people invest in "can't lose" investments get burned. Have fun while it lasts, little boy, this old guy is set for life and goes to work at 52 because I enjoy working, not because I have to.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have one child that is finished with college and had zero student debt because I put him through college. My parents taught me how to build generational wealth and success. Sorry if you think get rich quick hussles are the answer.

You really think what car I drive is relevant? I've owned 30+ new cars in my life, including two 911's. I have the money to buy any mainstream production car on the market, I choose to keep my and my wife's cars between 30 to 40 ish thousand, because I'm not a moron and would never brag about having a nice depreciating asset than someone else.

I doubt you have a nicer house, but good for you if you do. We bought well under market value about 6 years ago, and have a large amount of equity. I'm not an insure little boy that needs to have a nicer house to make up for my terrible personality.

Not once did I give financial advice, so...

Again, anyone that thinks crypto can't lose is living in a fantasy world. I've been around long enough to see a lot of people invest in "can't lose" investments get burned. Have fun while it lasts, little boy, this old guy is set for life and goes to work at 52 because I enjoy working, not because I have to.
It's refreshing to know that you don't feel the need to keep up with the Jones to make up for your terrible personality. 😂

I do agree with your approach to wealth also.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
It's refreshing to know that you don't feel the need to keep up with the Jones to make up for your terrible personality. 😂

I do agree with your approach to wealth also.

I'm actually nice, I just don't suffer fools.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
I put $50 into Shiba Coin and with my expert investment skills, I've turned it into $30.

Hit me up for any and all financial tips.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I put $50 into Shiba Coin and with my expert investment skills, I've turned it into $30.

You and my wife should team up, she has a can't lose lottery strategy. The real money is in selling your fool proof plan to guys like badhombre.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

I spent all $17,000 USD I had saved up working through college which was intended to go to student loans etc on an altcoin in 2017 called WTC, when they were ~$29/coin.

currently WTC is worth $0.967 per coin.

Was I very young and very dumb? Absolutely! Am I still afraid of how volatile crypto is? No! You learn the most from the biggest mistakes.

Attachments

• FF31DAB4-AC1D-4C62-8A92-90A73F9A7A02.png
    FF31DAB4-AC1D-4C62-8A92-90A73F9A7A02.png
    354.6 KB · Views: 151

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Worst part is, I had to buy BTC first in order to exchange for WTC.

had I simply left that money in BTC I’d have about 65K currently, and closer to 110ish when BTC tests 70K again

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
lmao wtf happened in this thread, my pen0r is bigger than yours

==

Back to mining talk, I had a GPU scare back a few weeks ago when repasting and repadding my 5700xt. Ordered a 6800xt as a replacement since I still want to game at 1440p and it's bonus season...

Turns out it was a bad mobo, so now I'm mining on the 6800xt as my second card instead of a 1060 6GB :cool: and the difficulty bomb got patched out too.

Big ups to whoever suggested that Loopring coin on the other page, converted some coins and then threw in some cash. Let's see where it goes. The one thing I'm regretting a little is that I converted maybe half of my XTZ to LRC, and then after the fact I saw that Ubisoft's NFT microtransaction thing will run on Tezos.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I spent all $17,000 USD I had saved up working through college which was intended to go to student loans etc on an altcoin in 2017 called WTC, when they were ~$29/coin.

Was I very young and very dumb? Absolutely! Am I still afraid of how volatile crypto is? No! You learn the most from the biggest mistakes.
WTC went crashing down? Who would've seen that coming

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

Ouch. I had about 3 BTC 15 years ago leftover that I used to buy questionable items from Europe, on a PC that went in a dumpster 😭