GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else have a problem deciding on color?

brennok

Ready to race!
I think I have finally made my mind up on getting the R32, assuming no surprise 25th AE announcement this week in NY. My biggest dilemma now is color. I think I am passing on navigation. While the ipod adapter would be nice even as poor as it is, it just seems a waste unless they offer me a deal I can't pass on.

I always start off the same way. No food or drink in the car which then becomes no eating. I always plan on keeping my car perfectly detailed but that usually starts to fade with work and being parked under trees constantly.

So here is my thinking...

I love United Gray on the GTI especially with the contrast of the black grill. I think on the R32 the grill blends in and looks somewhat plain even though it is still a great color. At the same time, the car shouldn't show dirt that much at least based off my PG GLI.

The blue with the grill is absolutely gorgeous. I fear though the car will be as tough as keeping a black car clean. I know the one in the dealer's showroom showed the fingerprints everywhere but I hope most of that was due to the lighting.

The red which I have only seen in pictures looks good, but doesn't really sell me. I might change my mind if I see it in person though.

The white doesn't really interest me. Then again there was a white car at work today that looked really sharp but I still don't think it does much for me.

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
Deep Blue, hands down. I saw every color at the dealer side-by-side and there's no question the R32 should be Deep Blue - it's the R's signature color w/matching brakes and gauge needles.

And the way I look at it is, you can get Rabbit or GTI in white, red or gray, but you can't get them in Deep Blue :cool:

MkV_FSI

Euro-friendly STi driver
Car(s)
GTI
Deep Blue is definitely the most beautiful color. If it were for some reason unavailable, then Candy White.

-LS-

Ready to race!
I had this exact same dilemma, in Australia our colour options are

UNITED GREY
DEEP BLUE
BLACK MAGIC
REFLEX SILVER

I have a black GTI so i automatically ruled that out, grey looks rubbish IMO on every Golf, i was so torn between the blue and silver but eventually saw it as being a little too in your face and obnoxious of a colour, thats not to say i can't stop stareing in awe everytime i see a blue one!! looks like a mini Audi RS something with chrome mirror caps that match the contrasting chrome radiator grille!, in the end though i thought it was a stylish european car that is very undetectable to 90% of the general public in any colour so i thought i'd keep it subtle and stylish and went silver, alongside carbon fiber hints around the car (rear view mirrors, front splitters, rear exhaust surround) looks stylish, euro and a hint of aggression just like when the general public hear the exhaust for the first time!!

Best of luck with the decision(i could have lived with any of them easily)

rabbitoh

Ready to race!
I had this exact same dilemma, in Australia our colour options are

UNITED GREY
DEEP BLUE
BLACK MAGIC
REFLEX SILVER

I have a black GTI so i automatically ruled that out, grey looks rubbish IMO on every Golf, i was so torn between the blue and silver but eventually saw it as being a little too in your face and obnoxious of a colour, thats not to say i can't stop stareing in awe everytime i see a blue one!! looks like a mini Audi RS something with chrome mirror caps that match the contrasting chrome radiator grille!, in the end though i thought it was a stylish european car that is very undetectable to 90% of the general public in any colour so i thought i'd keep it subtle and stylish and went silver, alongside carbon fiber hints around the car (rear view mirrors, front splitters, rear exhaust surround) looks stylish, euro and a hint of aggression just like when the general public hear the exhaust for the first time!!

Best of luck with the decision(i could have lived with any of them easily)

Dealer told me today when I was picking up my R32 that Red and CW are coming to Aust. CW will be limited edition and is 6 months away. The dealer reckons they have ordered too many Red R32s. Does not think they will sell here.

Turbo Maniac

Passed Driver's Ed
I love the Blue but wound up having to go with UG. It's a great color and does hide the dirt well. Dark tint and dark tails will make it look even better!

CGSshorty

Passed Driver's Ed
I told them to find me any color but Tornado Red, which was the only non Nav they had in stock. I ended up with UG and am very happy with it. It looks fantastic when clean, but a little drab when dirty. I guess that is true of any color, though.

MC.R

i like them all but i decided on blue... it's kind of a unique blue color, i really like it, it grows on me more every day now

2fst4u

haldex is glue to you
Car(s)
'08 VW .:R32
I too dig blue...but went with the more subtle United Gray for my final choice. I like the way it blends with the silver front grille, and it's less of a "cop magnet." The blue stands out, which is cool...but it's like dangling a treat in front of a cop's face...come 'n get it! With all the highway driving I do, blue was too risky.

I also like the white - it's pure, clean and sexy...I personally don't care for the red, especially with the blue brakes. If the calipers were red, that'd look a little better. Red attracts cops too.