GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else considering the new Cadillac Blackwing models?

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
The first drive reviews are out and these cars look to be phenomenal.

I’m still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on the Gen 2 V wagon with stick. I had the opportunity to buy a new one at $7k off of sticker but talked myself out because it wasn’t the right color. (Then proceeded to waste my time and money with an acura MDX)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
that atsv and ctsv are some seriously good looking cars, i gotta say. blackwing looks great as well.

i'd consider but i barely make gti money

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, these cars are very expensive. But considering the fact that the stupid wagon I should bought is worth as much, if not more, than what I could’ve bought it for, it’s highly likely that you won’t lose much on this car. (as long as you buy one with the manual trans, opportunity cost not withstanding)

The one I‘ve priced out came out to $103k. That‘s only a $2k monthly payment!

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
I built and drove a bunch of the V2's and 3's. The 5 black wing would be a nice daily. I'm not sure how much of an investment it will be tho.

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
That car #69….well worth the $$!
(It also put down 620 hp on a Dynojet with less than a 100 miles on it.)

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Honestly I think Cadillac finally beat BMW. They look phenomenal in person, drive reviews are all great, manual trans available, interior is finally at an acceptable level.
All but the last point was true of the previous ATS-V. It was a great car if you didn't even need to look at the gauges. But my god, those were terrible, straight out of a Cavalier.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
All but the last point was true of the previous ATS-V. It was a great car if you didn't even need to look at the gauges. But my god, those were terrible, straight out of a Cavalier.

Naaa. Those are at least Cimarron level

fauMkVGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf R
I absolute love the new Blackwing models but will never buy one unless I come into a ton of money.

I just went on Cadillac's website and configured one that came out to $115k. :eek:

Last edited:

HelloNewman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7

You're not wrong, but iirc that car came out in 2014? That's a long time ago.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
You're not wrong, but iirc that car came out in 2014? That's a long time ago.
Our car came out in 2014 and is comically better, much less if you compare it to an RS4 or M3 interior from that generation. It's awful, even if it was from the 80's.

fauMkVGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf R
Our car came out in 2014 and is comically better, much less if you compare it to an RS4 or M3 interior from that generation. It's awful, even if it was from the 80's.

Early/mid 2013 when you count the official release in Europe.