GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody else getting this message when opening the forum?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
May be a while unfortunately. I've been a mod on here since 2013 and the owners are sometimes tough to get a hold of. Theyve been notified, now we wait.

In the mean time, firefox works and using chrome in incognito mode will work as well.
In which case the looming domain expiry is getting slightly more concerning...

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
There is something else going on. I'm seeing no avatars for a few seconds when I open the site. To get no messages from the admins about this is inexcusable.

avatars work fine for me for what that's worth.

I'm doubtful the admins on here are the ones that manage the domain.

I forget where I was reading it, but a whole host of automotive forums are actually owned by a very small group. Not sure if mk7 is in that circle, but I would be surprised if any of the forum admins had domain level rights for the website.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
avatars work fine for me for what that's worth.

I'm doubtful the admins on here are the ones that manage the domain.

I forget where I was reading it, but a whole host of automotive forums are actually owned by a very small group. Not sure if mk7 is in that circle, but I would be surprised if any of the forum admins had domain level rights for the website.
It's two private owners, but you're right the active mods like me and 2slow don't have rights for the site.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Someone send me a carrier pigeon when this shit's fixed.

cb1111

It's two private owners, but you're right the active mods like me and 2slow don't have rights for the site.
I didn't figure you had the keys to the castle - you just get to catch all the flak from us, but one of the people who can fix it needs to send a message.

Silence causes conspiracy theories to grow and you know that we're good at conspiracy theories.

In investigations, we used to say "if the subject hasn't answered the question, then the subject has answered the question"

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I didn't figure you had the keys to the castle - you just get to catch all the flak from us, but one of the people who can fix it needs to send a message.

Silence causes conspiracy theories to grow and you know that we're good at conspiracy theories.

In investigations, we used to say "if the subject hasn't answered the question, then the subject has answered the question"
The reality is much more simple, the site owners aren't active on the forum, so they probably don't know there's an issue because they don't log on daily. They aren't leaving the issue unaddressed on purpose.

cb1111

The reality is much more simple, the site owners aren't active on the forum, so they probably don't know there's an issue because they don't log on daily. They aren't leaving the issue unaddressed on purpose.
And nobody has reached out to them to say "Uhhh, guys, we have a bit of a problem. If this doesn't get fixed now, then the advertisers may be pissed."

I feel for you guys. I was an admin on an electronics site years ago and it was a pain - you've got to deal with idiots like me...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
And nobody has reached out to them to say "Uhhh, guys, we have a bit of a problem. If this doesn't get fixed now, then the advertisers may be pissed."

I feel for you guys. I was an admin on an electronics site years ago and it was a pain - you've got to deal with idiots like me...

I think at least 2 mods have tried to reach out to them.