GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody a video game junkie?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
I've got a i7-9700k with a 3070 with the resolution set to 3440x1440p and I haven't had any problems with how the game runs. I have no idea what my fps is like, but it seems pretty stable. I don''t notice any dips or any lag and I haven't had a single crash.

My system is plenty old (like 7 years old lol) but I don't play a lot of AAA stuff and it was running what I was doing fine (BL3, MWO, Warframe, Division 2) but needs an upgrade at it's core. It would have to soldier on with my video card for a bit. I was looking at a 9700K with 16-32GB of RAM depending on sales, but my video card is a 960SC which should run it and I just have a standard 1080p monitor. I don't require lifelike graphics to enjoy a game, just as long as it's not choppy and the story is good.

I'm not buying a new console as I just can't justify it, heck it's hard enough to justify the PC upgrade but I'd rather hand the component manufactures my hard earned cash before sending it off the that bastard Bill Gates again LMAO

I dunno, 4 months to my bday, maybe I'll just kick it down the road and see what happens, let the bugs work out etc. Not like I don't have enough car projects to keep me busy.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
My system is plenty old (like 7 years old lol) but I don't play a lot of AAA stuff and it was running what I was doing fine (BL3, MWO, Warframe, Division 2) but needs an upgrade at it's core. It would have to soldier on with my video card for a bit. I was looking at a 9700K with 16-32GB of RAM depending on sales, but my video card is a 960SC which should run it and I just have a standard 1080p monitor. I don't require lifelike graphics to enjoy a game, just as long as it's not choppy and the story is good.

I'm not buying a new console as I just can't justify it, heck it's hard enough to justify the PC upgrade but I'd rather hand the component manufactures my hard earned cash before sending it off the that bastard Bill Gates again LMAO

I dunno, 4 months to my bday, maybe I'll just kick it down the road and see what happens, let the bugs work out etc. Not like I don't have enough car projects to keep me busy.

There's supposed to be some free dlc coming out next year too. Some of the dlc they added in witcher 3 was some of the best content in the game from what I've heard, never got far enough to beat it, so hopefully they can fix some of the issues and come out with some solid dlc. That's probably a bit delayed now.

Also just noticed I said 3070, but it's a 2070. I'd like to upgrade to a 3070 or a 3080 though. I want to add my gpu to my water cooling system, but nobody makes a waterblock for my 2070...It's so unnecessary though as my 2070 has been more than fine. I just love that look.

I'll probably buy a ps5 eventually once there's more exclusives out and something I really want to play, but I probably won't upgrade my xbox and I might just donate the one I have now. Gamepass on pc is good enough for me as an xbox replacement and I bought 2 years of subscription on black friday. I'll use the ps5 for exclusives, I gotta be able to play God of War Ragnarok when it comes out, and the pc for everything else. Sonys first party studios that come out with single player story games are too good to miss. Ghost of Tsushima was an awesome game. God of War is the best thing I've ever played. Horizon Zero Dawn was a really good one...Those are all my favorite type of game.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
With my wife deployed, and me working from home with a toddler, I'm looking forward to getting a PS5 that I can play after I put her down. Sadly I've added one to my cart on at least seven occasions without getting one. I did not realize it would be that hard. Hell I have a copy of Demon's souls and Dirt 5 sitting here that I can't play. 🤣

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The AI can't even piss into the toilets right.

1608254159265.png

Maybe he's drunk though.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Shit, looks like sony actually took the game off their online store and now they're offering full refunds.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
With my wife deployed, and me working from home with a toddler, I'm looking forward to getting a PS5 that I can play after I put her down. Sadly I've added one to my cart on at least seven occasions without getting one. I did not realize it would be that hard. Hell I have a copy of Demon's souls and Dirt 5 sitting here that I can't play. 🤣
Same boat. I've been screwed over with a full cart by Walmart, Sam's Club, Best Buy, and the Sony queue at playstation.com repeatedly. My son bought Demon's Souls and Godfall, and they just sit there...

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Shit, looks like sony actually took the game off their online store and now they're offering full refunds.

I saw this...is it really that bad? lol
I have an original Xbox One, so I am waiting to buy it till I upgrade.
Looks like I don't need to be in any hurry though hah.
But I usually don't upgrade consoles until I absolutely have to...usually about a year or so after initial release...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I saw this...is it really that bad? lol
I have an original Xbox One, so I am waiting to buy it till I upgrade.
Looks like I don't need to be in any hurry though hah.
But I usually don't upgrade consoles until I absolutely have to...usually about a year or so after initial release...

Yup, now microsoft is offering refunds to anyone that bought the game on xbox too.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Damn, maybe I should have gone ahead and bought it lol

They didn't remove it from the store like Sony did, so you could probably still try it out and if it runs like shit get a refund.

FrgMstr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 R 19 GTI 15 GTI
Finished up the main story line on CyberPunk 2077.

1609202035062.png

New Radeon 6900 XT installed, waiting on water cooling block.

PXL_20201215_233614462.NIGHT.jpg

Son built a new box for Christmas. (Leak testing below.)

PXL_20201225_200614541.NIGHT.jpg