GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody a video game junkie?

GTI-G

Passed Driver's Ed
My game is MW2 on 360. I do play some AW on xb1 but the new cods are just too...new. Waiting for MW2 remake I really hope they don't fuck it up and just do a true update and not tweak the mechanics.

Still ove that and black ops 1

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I played competitively for a long time but its such a huge time sink. Played Counterstrike beta 1 till 1.6 throughout high school and early college. We made it to CAL-I and won a couple of local lans before Source came out and we quit. World of Warcraft Vanilla, Burning Crusade and WotLK, had a lot of USA Horde first kills of raid bosses. I was a hardcore addict and would stay up till about 3am every night raiding. I don't regret it but it definitely puts your life on pause.

Nowadays I am far more casual and just play Overwatch for 5-6 hours a week or so, mostly just deathmatch and mystery heroes, as I am no longer interested in the stress and addiction that comes from ladder or competitive.

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
I played competitively for a long time but its such a huge time sink. Played Counterstrike beta 1 till 1.6 throughout high school and early college. We made it to CAL-I and won a couple of local lans before Source came out and we quit. World of Warcraft Vanilla, Burning Crusade and WotLK, had a lot of USA Horde first kills of raid bosses. I was a hardcore addict and would stay up till about 3am every night raiding. I don't regret it but it definitely puts your life on pause.

Nowadays I am far more casual and just play Overwatch for 5-6 hours a week or so, mostly just deathmatch and mystery heroes, as I am no longer interested in the stress and addiction that comes from ladder or competitive.

What race and class now?

I'm horde as well, but way too casual

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
What race and class now?

I'm horde as well, but way too casual

I played an undead rogue back in vanilla and switched to an orc warlock after that. Played 'lock ever since. I quit when our hard core guild fell apart during BC, came back to a more casual guild in WotLK and the beginning of Cata, quit again, and played a couple months of Panda super casually (LFG only) before I quit for good.

I'll never touch the game again, it robs me of sleep. But every winter when it gets cold and the days are short I get that itch.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Still play games, first one was actually Pong, now Titanfall2 is my go to relaxing game. I enjoy getting killed repeatedly by smart ass 10 year old kids.:eek:

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
No MW2 "remaster" yet. And yes BO1 was phenomenal in my opinion. My favorite CODs go from MW2, World at War, then Blacks Ops 1.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Currently playing Switch games. Octopath traveler, DKCTF, Hollow Knight and Ys VIII. Honestly haven't touched my PS4 since I bought the Switch a few months after release.

Oh and FFVII was the best FF game. Fite me.

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
Currently playing Switch games. Octopath traveler, DKCTF, Hollow Knight and Ys VIII. Honestly haven't touched my PS4 since I bought the Switch a few months after release.

Oh and FFVII was the best FF game. Fite me.

Oh, how is Octopath btw?

Last edited:

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Oh, how is Octopath btw?

It's fun and the battle system definitely keeps you on your toes as far as strategy is concerned. I'm a little disappointed that the main 8 characters don't interact with each other as much as typical JRPG characters do, although most of their individual stories are fairly well told; especially Primrose. The graphics are amazing if you're in to that sort of thing and the environments are well done IMO. The music is great too. I give it an 8/10, but that's subjective obviously.

Also, yeah some of the FF games are sort of redundant, but FF7 was the first ever RPG I played and I do a full playthrough about every 3 years or so. So nostalgic haha.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Is Octopath worth buying the Switch for?

Kind of a vague question I realize, but the game intrigues me, the system itself...not so much.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Is Octopath worth buying the Switch for?

Kind of a vague question I realize, but the game intrigues me, the system itself...not so much.

No, I wouldn't buy the Switch just for one specific JRPG, but I also wouldn't buy any gaming system just for one exclusive. I really enjoy Octopath, but I wouldn't drop ~$300 to find out if I like it or not and if not, have a system you're not interested in. The Switch has tons of great titles out right now, so I would think if you're into gaming, you'd find more titles to play other than Octopath.

If you have the chance to borrow a friends Switch for a couple hours, download the demo. It gives you up to 3 hours to pay the full game with any character you want. If you're still on the fence, you could delete that file and start with a new traveler too.

If you have any other questions let me know. I'm about 38 hours in to the game and am about to finish up everyone's chapter 2.