Yeah bro. I’m tired of middle schoolers telling me they fucked my mon
There's a joke somewhere with your typo...I just need to find it

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Dude...building your own is half the fun! If you decide to, hit me up. I am an IT guy by trade and a PC nerd at heart so I would be more than happy to assist!
Thanks man ya i might actually need some assistance haha. I work with computers myself but have never built one. I do software QA. I have a rough idea of all the parts that I need, I just don't know x vs y which would be better bang for the buck. My desk should come in this week, then my gaming chair hopefully in a week or so. Then All I really need is to re-arrange everything in my room, then start the setup. Ever since I started to piece everything together and buy from amazon, every single IG add I get is for Pre-Built PC's . Gotta love 3rd party ads and targets ads. I see a ton of "prebuilds" I feel like thats easier but I could get way more quality for cheaper building it myself.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
also, my gaming chair of like 3 years finally took the L, first it stopped going up and down, then the arm broke off, then last night I reclined and the chair kept going back while the base did not move lol. Glad I didn't get hurt. I bought a amazon basics mid back over night chair (for my office only, gaming chair coming) but the amazon chair is surprisingly comfortable and I would recommend.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Thanks man ya i might actually need some assistance haha. I work with computers myself but have never built one. I do software QA. I have a rough idea of all the parts that I need, I just don't know x vs y which would be better bang for the buck. My desk should come in this week, then my gaming chair hopefully in a week or so. Then All I really need is to re-arrange everything in my room, then start the setup. Ever since I started to piece everything together and buy from amazon, every single IG add I get is for Pre-Built PC's . Gotta love 3rd party ads and targets ads. I see a ton of "prebuilds" I feel like thats easier but I could get way more quality for cheaper building it myself.
I am more than happy to help. Yeah, you would better off dodging the prebuilts if you can (keep in mind this all just personal opinion). They may have a decent 3d card and CPU or whatever for a decent price, but they cheap out on motherboards and power supplies and what not. It's not like most of them are straight trash, they just don't use the parts I would use...especially the power supplies. The only thing that sucks right now is the price of 3d cards. I was initially kicking myself in ass when I got my 2070 because the 2070 super came out like 2 months later, but now 3d cards are hard to come by and pretty expensive so I am now glad I snagged it when I did.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I am more than happy to help. Yeah, you would better off dodging the prebuilts if you can (keep in mind this all just personal opinion). They may have a decent 3d card and CPU or whatever for a decent price, but they cheap out on motherboards and power supplies and what not. It's not like most of them are straight trash, they just don't use the parts I would use...especially the power supplies. The only thing that sucks right now is the price of 3d cards. I was initially kicking myself in ass when I got my 2070 because the 2070 super came out like 2 months later, but now 3d cards are hard to come by and pretty expensive so I am now glad I snagged it when I did.
Bro I’m stuck with my 1080ti. I really wanted a 3080 so I could move my monitor over to 2k resolution

I literally bought a house before I could buy a 3080 and that’s just crazy

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Yeah it is.....I am sick of this chip shortage.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
What's your guess as to how long it's going to take the chip manufacturers to catch up?
I am thinking it should be fairly soon. We were having problems getting in new workstations for a while (laptops and desktops), but the OEM manufacturers (at least Dell anyways) seem to be getting back up to speed. Hopefully the component makers follow suit.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
yeah i know the graphic cards are hard to get now-a-days and super expensive due to "shortage" and people mining crypto. I have no issue building a pc myself, there is probably millions of videos on youtube ect. Just trying to figure out what to get is the hard part, like there is 3060, 3080, 3070, amd ect ect.