GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Wet Shavers?

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
I recently got into wet shaving and I'm loving it. I still need lots of practice but it's definitely a much better shave with less irritation.

Anyone else on here doing the old school shave thing? Here's my setup.

16-The Old Fashion Way by bhanphotography, on Flickr

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
It's kinda like using a disposable razor in terms of precision; it's possible but some practice is required. However it is a bit more precise since it's a single blade.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Lol. It's not as dangerous as most people think. With an adjustable razor, the only way you'll end up cutting yourself is if you're a complete knuckle head.

Zoidbort

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 MKV GTI Revo 2
I recently got into wet shaving and I'm loving it. I still need lots of practice but it's definitely a much better shave with less irritation.

Anyone else on here doing the old school shave thing?

Nice set up, on coils it looks like? :D
Tried and failed as I shave my head as well but would be all over this if I could...have my grandpa's old razor from the 30s.

willsgti

Black Magic
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I got the whole set up recently and really love it. It's a lot easier then everyone things and like you said a better shave and less irritation. OP what razor is that? Looks pretty nice.

A1an

Hellafunctional
I am intrigued by a classic single blade wet shave but I have been an electric shaver all my life. Never used a traditional blade to shave and, to be honest, have no clue on how to properly get it done in the traditional manner. Last few years I really don't shave much anyways since I work from home, so it doesn't matter how terrible I look. Think I shave about once a month on avg these days.

Sicktred08fsi

Banned
Car(s)
K04`d B6
Id be interested to try this technique. Ive tried to use electric shavers, and they irritate my skin. I even tried the ones with the lotion dispenser. I can never get a super smooh shave with a normal razor and gel as well.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Thanks guys. The razor I have is a Merkur Futur.

The initial cost of getting into this really isn't much considering how cheap replacement blades are (They're about $0.20 each), the razor can be as cheap as $30, soap $10 (this can easily last you a year), and brushes. Mind you like with almost all things in life there will me more expensive stuff but to jump into it and get your feet wet, it's an initial investment of less than $50.

Here's some great intro videos I found on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2DB6D82F52BA7608

Zoidbort

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 MKV GTI Revo 2
I cannot use electric razors...sensitive skin = road rash on my face
Shaving my head with a single blade would be scary lol...I would look like Jason Voorhees after

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Shaving my head with a single blade would be scary lol...I would look like Jason Voorhees after

Haha. I went from using an electric razor to a standard off the shelf disposable razor to a single blade. It's a nice and steady learning curve. Getting a less aggressive razor or using an adjustable one leaves you with only razor burn to worry about and for that to happen, you would have to be stupid and shave without cream. :smile:

willsgti

Black Magic
Car(s)
MKV GTI

Yea, it might be worth a try. Electric razors always beat up my face so I went this route after a friend told me to try it.

I have things from The Art of Shaving. It really doesn't matter if you have a good razor. There are tons of different creams and products that you can try and see what works for you.

I have really found that my skin feels much better and looks a lot better. It does take a little extra time but I believe it really makes a big difference.