GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Any opinions?

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
FWD Audi, equals fail. Plus auto, NOT DSG. Otherwise, seems like a decent price. I just really wish the A3 came in that color, cloth interior, quattro, 6 speed, etc.

I dunno, something about a 2wd auto audi is just sad. If you can live with that, I feel reasonable about everything else.

emanuel_v19

Ready to race!
I don't understand what you mean by fail. Please elaborate. I would really appreciate it. It would just be a daily driver, not trying to race or anything like that. I believe it is DSG. If you look at the pics up closer.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
I'm not sure if it's DSG, but just cause it's an automatic trans, doesn't mean it's a DSG transmission. DSG is a dual-clutch, but your normal auto is a slush-box, not DSG...not necessarily the same trans found in the GTI/GLI platform. I'm not super familiar with the A3 of these years. Ask the owner if it has the DSG trans or the slush-box auto. Regardless, it's an Audi with an auto trans, NON Quattro. So no AWD. Proceed with that from there.

zrickety

The Fixer
Ride
09 GTI
I think it's a fair price, nice car except for that armrest. I'd have to believe it's DSG being the same platform with a turbo FSI. Test drive and negotiate an even better price.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Based on the write up of the car much of the important care has been done saving you from inheriting a car that suffers from delayed maintenance. It does have the DSG trans just like the GTI. Its much like a GTI just a little more luxury in the interior, drivetrain is identical. Should make a great commuter car and you should be able to buy yourself a new center armrest easy enough.

One thing you should do before buying the car is have the cam follower under the fuel pump checked. It is a point of failure and can cause major engine damage. There is no mention of it in the write up but the owner may have addressed it. Part is only 49 bucks and is fairly easy to install but it is a known source of issues for this model motor (TFSI).

emanuel_v19

Ready to race!
One last question,

they didnt have the paperwork to show for the timing belt :/. So if i buy it, should i change the timing belt or should i go by their word??? Thats my only dilemma right now. Thanks