GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any cyclist on here

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I have the Curt on my GTI and 8P A3. The GTI was pretty easy. Only tricky part was fishing the bolts through the body. It took just under an hour. The A3 was a huge pain. Took a friend an me about 6 hours to install.

I seem to lose about 3 to 4 MPG with my bikes on the back of the car.

IMG_1473.JPG

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Is that M Coupe the clownshoe? I love that car so much. I have a '99 Z3 2.8l 5-spd that was given to me that I've been refurbishing and lightly modding.
Yeah, E36/8. Awesome car, held a keg like it was designed around it. Blast at the track, but that trailing arm rear suspension could bite you if you weren't paying attention. I really wish BMW made anything even half as raw as that thing was. Or anyone, I don't really have any brand loyalty.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Finally got out for the first time this year yesterday. Between the fluctuating temperatures, allergies kicking in, and the recent flooding around here, it's be tricky. Torklift Ecohitch, Thule T1, and 2012 Trek Fuel EX8 at Blankets Creek in Woodstock, GA.

It was a nice reminder that I need to address my rear brakes again. Super groan-y and embarrassing; at least I hope it's my brakes and not something in my linkage.

2.06thgen

Ready to race!
I have the Curt on my GTI and 8P A3. The GTI was pretty easy. Only tricky part was fishing the bolts through the body. It took just under an hour. The A3 was a huge pain. Took a friend an me about 6 hours to install.

I seem to lose about 3 to 4 MPG with my bikes on the back of the car.

View attachment 166677
How does it handle the hitch set up? I have the saris rack but I would like that clean look back. And does it weight the car down in the back? Also what did you lower the car on? I have bilstein struts and eibach pro kit springs (1” drop) I have installed yet because I want to do a hitch but I was worried about ground clearance.

tommyalanson

Where the cyclist at?
I do about 3K a year, about 10% MTB, 30% Gravel, and the rest on tarmac. I have a Canyon Grail that I have two wheel sets for - one with larger 45s w/small knobs for gravel, and another set with Continental GP5000s in 28mm for the road.

I have a hitch installed, and use it for my bike rack.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
How does it handle the hitch set up? I have the saris rack but I would like that clean look back. And does it weight the car down in the back? Also what did you lower the car on? I have bilstein struts and eibach pro kit springs (1” drop) I have installed yet because I want to do a hitch but I was worried about ground clearance.

I'm on Bilstein B14 coilovers. With one bike on the back it's fine. Two on the back and you can feel the difference. The stiffer springs might make the front end not feel as light as it did with stock springs.

The Saris rack does sit kind of low. If you have a steep driveway... you might have to angle in and out of the driveway.

michael mcfoxface

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Thinking of a roof rack, This is no fun (though no the worst). its a trek madone 6.9 with some Aeolus 5.0 wheels. certainly a nicer bike than my riding deserves :)

Attachments

• c7nAg%+4TyiyCoWW3JJ6tw.jpg
    c7nAg%+4TyiyCoWW3JJ6tw.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 249

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Heh I did that for a while. It works, but I ended up getting a rack since most of the time I would need to transport 2 bikes.
Not so much anymore though.
Funny this thread got bumped after a while. I just started riding again after about a 9 month break.
Now I have been out for the past 3 weekends in a row and it has been great!
Also got a Peloton delivered last weekend so at least if I can't get out and ride I can hopefully hop on that.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I guess I am. Or I'm one of the people ruining it for the rest of you. Not sure which yet. Just started. Hadn't had a bike since middle school (I'm 36). Impulsively bought this a little over a week ago, and so far put 135miles on it.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I guess I am. Or I'm one of the people ruining it for the rest of you. Not sure which yet. Just started. Hadn't had a bike since middle school (I'm 36). Impulsively bought this a little over a week ago, and so far put 135miles on it.

Nice ride. You can get side loading bottle cages, that one looks a little tortured. You can probably fit a 20oz bottle on the seat tube too.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie

You should get a camelback or equivalent, unless you like the taste of dirt on the bottle cap nozzle.

totalrecall98

Car(s)
OEM+ 2012 Golf R
Camelbaks are good. I've switched to a fanny pack a couple of years ago. Weight distribution is lower and on the hips instead of the back. Storage capacity is less, but my back isn't hot and sweaty anymore.