GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any 1.4TSI Pre-cat empty'ing experiences?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Hi all,

I've been thinking about empty'ing my Scirocco 1.4TSI(twincharged) pre-cat, but when searching for any stories on the net about this mod, it's pretty close to 0 results... Most of the people just bought themselves a decat-pipe instead of emptying the OEM one.

For those who don't know: this mod is about removing the catalyic material from the pre-cat, to reduce exhaust gas temperatures.

Is there anyone around here that has done this mod, or has more information about it?
Thanks in advance!

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
Hot exhaust gas is good. It keeps less soot from building up and keeps the air moving faster.

brandonpauley

Passed Driver's Ed
nothing wrong with it...just gonna set a catalyst efficiency code and turn on the MIL

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST

Starfox92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
CW GTI 6 speed
Sell the material that came out for money. There are rare earth metals in that haha.

brandonpauley

Passed Driver's Ed
thanks, and how to do that?

how do you remove the material? just like in the picture...a punch and a big hammer and smash it out

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
Its not a bad idea for places that do visual inspections of emissions equipment to pass if you can get around the cel. You'd be better off just getting a cheap catless downpipe from ebay and swapping for passing emissions

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G Shift using Tapatalk