GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another VW Sales rep here to answer questions!

GTi Chooch

Ready to race!
Binky, (or any other rep with access to the database) can you look up the availability of a 4 door CW DSG GTI in the DC/MD area? Votex kit kit would be great too.

Thanks in Advance!

O and since you are in the Biz....can you confirm or deny the rumors that 4 doors are getting dropped next year?

GTi Chooch

Ready to race!
Anyone get a chance to look up the 4dr CW in the DC/MD area? I would really appreciate it.

VWsalesguyVA, how does it work buying cars across the MD/VA border. Do you pay tax twice? Are there any extra fees?

VWsalesguyVA

Ready to race!
no you only pay sales tax for the state the car is registered on. There shouldnt be any extra fees, but the DC and Richmond metro areas have higher ad fees

binky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 Mazda MX-5
Yeah i haven't heard anything about dropping the 4DR.

Cockeysville, Pasadena, and Owings Mills show 4DR in CW in stock for Maryland.

GTi Chooch

Ready to race!
O Sweet! Thanks for looking it up Binky.

Do you know when they stop shipping out '08s before the '09s start surfacing?

Jeridan

Hey Guys,

First post, I am in the Army currently in Iraq so I am at the mercy of other people's info and not my own. I am normally at Fort Bliss when I am home. I have got a question for you fella's. My dilema is I want a very specific GTI, I want a 4 Door CW with Manual, Ground Effects Kit, Sun Roof, 18" Huffs on Summer's as the only options. I haven't seen hardly any or any at all on dealer's pages that have the Ground Effects Kit on their lots which would work great for me to order it as I only have about 9 or 10k saved right now but I wanted to put down more in the 15 to 16k range down so my payments are nothing. I read this entire thread and seen most ppl pay in the range of 300 to 500 over invoice. Well I checked Edmunds for this specific build and MSRP is 27,490 and INVOICE 25,431. Well while I am here the wife moved back to Louisiana where I am from and got a job there selling cars at a Chevy Dealer until I get back. I found like 8 Dealer's within several hundred miles of there and asked her to call them to see if they would order it for me and her to offer 26k even (b4 fee's and tt&l of course). I figured that's almost 600 over invoice and I should be good at that price after seeing all the deal's ppl got on here. Well beings as she is in the Biz now she gave me all kinds of static that they aren't going to negotiate below sticker price and refuses to believe me about the price's I saw people getting their GTI's at.:bs:

First off, am I telling her to offer and stand on an unreasonable price??:iono:

Second, even though I am here am I able to order one through one of you guys maybe? In the two years I have seen this thread span I haven't seen one person that dealt with ya'll come back on here complaining of a raw deal. I have roughly 3 months left here which would put my car theorectically getting to the state's the same time as me. It wouldn't be that far fetched to drive from El Paso to Phoenix when I got home to see DSG if I got a good deal. How much has to be done with someone sitting right there in front of you? Are you able to maybe have it delivered to El Paso even if I worked a deal from one of you? She has power of attorney and the check book so a deposit wouldn't be a problem if we both liked the deal. Can deals like this be arranged over the phone etc etc? Questions could go on but you get the gist of what I am asking haha.

Oh and before you say it, no I don't want to wait until I get home and then start looking for myself because I am pretty sure it will have to be ordered and I want it when I get back not 3 months after I get back HAHAHA Well any info from you guys is really appreciated!!:thumbup:

Last edited:

GTi Chooch

Ready to race!
Jeridan, Good questions.

I would also like to ask the Sales guys if it has ever been done before where someone purchases a car without the votex kit, but buys the kit from the dealer at the day of sale, baking it into the cost of the car. Or is it just easier to order another GTI from the factory?

VWsalesguyVA

Ready to race!
Jeridan, Good questions.

I would also like to ask the Sales guys if it has ever been done before where someone purchases a car without the votex kit, but buys the kit from the dealer at the day of sale, baking it into the cost of the car. Or is it just easier to order another GTI from the factory?

you can do that but it will cost you more

ary122

Passed Driver's Ed
(to any dealer)
what is the invoice price on a
gray gti mkv
dsg
autobahn
navigation

also can you check if there are any with these options in California
LA to be more specific.
thanks