GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another VW Sales rep here to answer questions!

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
binky,

the dealer im talking with says there only 3 white 2dr rabbits with manual in cali and there all up in norcal. if i order directly from factory would i be able to get it for invoice easily? only problem is they said it takes 10 weeks if i order a car.

binky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 Mazda MX-5
any dealer is going to try to make you pay msrp if they order you a car. you're better off working a deal on a car that they have in stock. go in with your check book ready to buy, and give them a real tough offer on the car. if they know you will drive that car home that day, they will do anything and everything they can (within reason) to put you in it.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
binky,

the dealer im talking with says there only 3 white 2dr rabbits with manual in cali and there all up in norcal. if i order directly from factory would i be able to get it for invoice easily? only problem is they said it takes 10 weeks if i order a car.

you do know that invoice is about 600 less than msrp right? then add the dealer prep/ad fee, which is around $400(varies by location), pdi, another $50, and the tank of gas, another $50. you'd be hard pressed to get an 07 rabbit for under msrp, and if so, maybe 100 or 200 less if you're VERY lucky.

waffles

is it possible for a dealership to order me a RHD gti, i plan on buying a gti in DEC. but i have always dreamed to own a Right hand drive car, do you think it is possible to get one, just an idea, btw im in houston texas

thanks

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
is it possible for a dealership to order me a RHD gti, i plan on buying a gti in DEC. but i have always dreamed to own a Right hand drive car, do you think it is possible to get one, just an idea, btw im in houston texas

thanks

you could goto the uk and buy one and ship it back here :)

TheUnfadableMix

CPhT Euro Enthusiast!!!
Car(s)
07' GTI 2d CW Pk1
Looking Into getting a 07' GTI 3 door w/ moonroof!

Hey, Iv'e been shoppin around and doin some major homework on the New GTI and its pricing. I found a dealer willing to give me the 2 Door GTI w/ Package 1 for about 24k+fees. On top of that I have a trade in with 3k equity that i can put down on it. He says, that payments would look like about 390 with 6.5%. what would you say about this deal? and if anything do you or does anyone know of any good spots to inquire about the GTI? Anything will help!!!

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
any dealer is going to try to make you pay msrp if they order you a car. you're better off working a deal on a car that they have in stock. go in with your check book ready to buy, and give them a real tough offer on the car. if they know you will drive that car home that day, they will do anything and everything they can (within reason) to put you in it.

Thats what I did. 1 Local dealer was f-ing around with me, so since I had already test driven and used that companies demo car, I went to the other dealer (the larger dealer), went strait in, told them I which one I wanted and didn't even had to look at or drive it, I just wanted to talk price. They even had the exact one I wanted on the lot. I think I did pretty good payment wise.

Here's my question
How many Tornado Red GTI's do you sell? Or whats the national sales number on the TR's? Cause I've seen more CW ad BMP cars then red (atleast on the east coast). I personally have only ever seen 3 other TR's whenever I've been on the road and they might have even been the same person.

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
the top 3 colors are bm, cw, ug. i've only seen and sold 3 trs here but oodles of the others

Also heard a rumor they might kill the TR GTI's in the future...?

True? No?

I dunno, but I lean towards no since TR has been around since the MK3

erocker

Passed Driver's Ed

That isn't necessary true. I ordered one from a local dealer and they gave it to me at invoice. Other dealers would give it to me from stock at $300 over, $500 over, and $800 over.

My suggestion as I have stated before is to work with the dealer via EMAIL or phone. No Sales rep that I know of is going to sell a car to you at invoice via a walk-in.