GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another new Golfer

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
Hi all. Just thought I'd introduce myself.

My wife and I just collected our GTi 18 hours ago and unfortunately I'm stuck at work and can't play with it. I can hear it calling to me from the car park!

It's black with BBS wheels and lowered. I bought it from Lennock Motors here in Canberra with 21,000km on it. I'll post some pics this weekend.

I also drive (for the moment) a supercharged Ralliart Magna that looks like this.... http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p15/ringopixs/Ralliartz2/PICT0087.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p15/ringopixs/Ralliartz2/PICT0064.jpg

I think I'll also be getting a "Bluefin Tuner" (gotta love that name) for the GTi sometime in the next week. Anyone in Canberra got one that we could compare back to back?

Cheers

Andrew

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif
hi mate!

welcome to the forums! I am in canberra and have bluefin, i'd be happy to take you for a spin one day!

Where do you work? Public service? most canberrans are, so it'd be safe to assume...

also, sounds like you got Andrew Yates' old car (dealer at lennocks) you can rest assured it would have been serviced well by Lennocks. (prob one of the rare few VW's that are) He was also pretty anal retentive about cleaning it, so the paint should be in top-notch nick.

Congrats, and see you on a gtg! There are a fair few new canberra members, defintely about time for one..

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
Thanks for the offer Ciaran.

I'm the one Canberran who doesn't work in the Public Service! I currently work out at Fyshwick at a large format digital printing business.

Yep, you're right about the previous owner. Saw his name in the owners log.

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
did you say black? BBS?! post some photos please!!!!

oh and welcome to the forum mate... sucks you cant take it out!

ONGIE

Welcome to forum Andrew and CONGRATS on the GTI...looking forward to viewing your pics...btw gotta love the BBS wheels on the GTI :thumbup:

CiaranGTI

Here's a pic of it at the GTG for welcoming Steve's UG GTI.

(Courtesy of Liam's smugmug gallery :thumbsup: )

Attachments

• 136548202-L.jpg
    136548202-L.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 376

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
G'day Andrew, I see you driving home in the Magna sometimes. I'm usually in an indi blue Cooper S. Pretty sure I know where you work, and quite possibly likewise for you! :thumbsup:

Cheers Liam

CL455

Ready to race!
damn... i wanted to look at that GTI a few months back when i was looking at them b4 i got my TDI :(

i couldn't find it on the lot when i got there so i thought it was sold .... ohhh well ....

nice buy thou - that car looks real nice,

CiaranGTI

methinks that it was on and off the market, as when I first saw it advertised on carsales it was at ~12,000kms and now it has 21,000. you do the maths!

Maybe you went there on one of Andrew's days off lol...

Schnitzel Baby

Bright shirt, dull mind
Car(s)
Golf MK5 GTi
Liam? Oh, that Liam! Did you use to work at RTM?

I've also seen your car. Got a pic of the Nuerburgring on the arse end right?

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Liam? Oh, that Liam! Did you use to work at RTM?

I've also seen your car. Got a pic of the Nuerburgring on the arse end right?

That's me. :burnrubber:

Oh, here's some pics of your car as well (on the right). :laugh:

Attachments

• 136547361-M.jpg
    136547361-M.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 237
  • 136548202-M.jpg
    136548202-M.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 242