GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another HDR Pic

CrazyRabbit

Hi guys

Another guy jumping on the HDR band wagon here.

My 1st attempt at HDR.

Comments welcome, tips are also welcome.

ForzaF1

7X F1 World Champion
Try combining more exposures. For example, do 7 seven exposures, each one being 1 f stop apart, then combine them. Also, use the thirds rule to arrange to composition of a photo and keep the main subject out of the center of the picture.

Hope this helps

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
Also...use a more detailed environment, a white wall doesnt have much shadow/highlight, which is the true purpose of HDR photography. Find something that has alot of texture so shadows and cracks and crevices can reveal their details. good luck.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
How many photos did you use? were they -1, even, +1 at least? I think that white wall is hurting you, but still we should be seeing more detail out of the concrete floor i believe...anyone wanna chime in with a lil more experience?

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
Hmmm, sounds like thats your problem, in A priority you choose the aperture but the shutter speed automatically adjusts so you get the correct exposure, so you basically took 5 identical photos with a different shutter speed each time.
Shoot full manual, you need to underexpose the first two images, properly expose the 3rd and overexpose the last two - good luck.

CrazyRabbit

you need to underexpose the first two images, properly expose the 3rd and overexpose the last two - good luck.

How would you go about doing that in manual mode?

You're talking to a complete newbie here when it comes to camear. All i know how to do is point and shoot and play around in manual mode but don't quite understand it when it get advance.

InfraRed

Driving on the wrong side
Car(s)
91 R32 Skyline GTS-T
if your camera has an autobracketing mode like my canon does, then just use that, it's all you need.

+/- 2.

the rest is up to you in tonemapping for the most part on how you want the outcome to be.

read the other thread on this, some useful information.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
you need to underexpose the first two images, properly expose the 3rd and overexpose the last two - good luck.

How would you go about doing that in manual mode?

You're talking to a complete newbie here when it comes to camear. All i know how to do is point and shoot and play around in manual mode but don't quite understand it when it get advance.

When in doubt - RTFM

RTFM = Read the Effin Manual

Seriously, you need to have a basic understanding of how exposure works before you attempt something technical, not trying to be a dick, but you will go further with your photography if you learn how to crawl before you try running. get out your manual and read the section on manual setings and exposure.

crogers6569

Ready to race!
I downloaded the trial software... its kinda neat stuff.

I shot these really quick this afternoon with a Sony Cybershot 8.1 P&S camera.

used 5 EV settings from -2 to +2

these are my first attempts.