GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

And there goes the Dodge Charger and Challenger.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
It didn't sell because of any SUV similarities. It sold because full size American muscle car horsepower.
Okay. I don’t like big, heavy cars with automatics. So I really don’t get it in any way. They seem pretty slow and make a silly amount of noise. If I wanted a large car, I can’t think of a single reason to buy one over a Mustang, but again, not really a hypothetical that I’d find myself in. I won’t miss them for a second.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Okay. I don’t like big, heavy cars with automatics. So I really don’t get it in any way. They seem pretty slow and make a silly amount of noise. If I wanted a large car, I can’t think of a single reason to buy one over a Mustang, but again, not really a hypothetical that I’d find myself in. I won’t miss them for a second.
I won't miss them either. I'm just saying they sold a hell of a lot of them. Ever race a Hellcat? Big but sure not slow. I only started beating Chargers and Challengers when I went TPC20 hybrid turbo. With the IS38 it was close races.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I won't miss them either. I'm just saying they sold a hell of a lot of them. Ever race a Hellcat? Big but sure not slow. I only started beating Chargers and Challengers when I went TPC20 hybrid turbo. With the IS38 it was close races.
Ha, my car is stock. I only pick on ones that are clearly V6’s. More a matter of previous cars and the earlier generation.

But the Hellcat seems like a hype thing. They sure don’t fare well against things like a 720s that by the numbers, has a similar 1/4 time. They also seem to have a habit of self destructing. I can think of a lot of other ways to spend that kind of money, but I also get why some folks do, just doesn’t appeal to me.

Mandatoryclutchpedal

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Cbr1000rr, GTI S
They certainly got their moneys worth out of that platform between fleet sales and retail.
If I were in the market for a V8 car, Challenger would have been be the only one that I would ever consider since it was the only manual transmission V8 car that had a usable back seat. Camaro is basically a 2 seater. Mustang is for people with tiny little friends and family who lick kneecaps in the back seat.
It's a fun car and they allegedly handle well for being a boat.
However, 16-18mpg + price point = nope

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
My brother in law paid 37.5k last year for his ‘21 Smoke Grey ScatPack and made a deal to sell it for 52k today.

If they’re so in demand idk why they’d stop selling them. I heard that at the rate we’re able to produce electric cars to fully replace ICE cars it’ll take 60 years, so all this “no more by XX date is BS.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
The last muscle cars…damn

Not a Mopar guy but I had respect for them. The 392’s are beasts and a murdered out Challenger is always a head turner for me.