Attachments

• telerik_edited_image(2).jpg
    telerik_edited_image(2).jpg
    255 KB · Views: 179

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Ok this is what I wanted to see.:) as I want to modify my rear bumper and shorten the inlay to fit that sized plate. Its what I have on the front of the car but ye I personally love the us spec rear bumper as in my eyes it makes the car look wider but that's just forums doing shit to your head. The reason it's a good idea to stay away from them before you make your car a money pit like I've done.

Omoitsurugi

Passed Driver's Ed
My personal preference is the Euro bumper. I just thing US spec looks a little on the chubby side, lol. I do have plans for her, as I love working on cars but I'm gonna have to find a place with a lift eventually. The military base is weird here, there's no car lift for personal use :'(.

Omoitsurugi

Passed Driver's Ed
@Elliott, got a question for ya, since you're a wheel guy. Driving around in rota hear I've gotten some curb rash from too bug of cars on the street forcing me to move over way too far into a curb, lol. How much would it be to get the minor curb rash repaired?

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
In the south. Nothing.. It's sucks for this car scene here. It's all up the north in the city's.. In December myself and 5 or 6 other cars are all driving to Valencia for konzepteuro.. Would be cool if you wanted to join us.. More the merrier.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Oh... There are tons.. Problem is most cars get repaired in Spain. Not many get written off. So finding parts for a newer car can be extremely hard.
The mkv is getting older so it is getting easier. I can't tell you any where you ask but for example in Malaga there are about 10 all next to each other. I hear further up north they are much better but not experienced it my self.
As an example I have a client with heavy drivers side damage and requires two drivers side doors and also a front wing, rear can be repaired - however we can not locate any second hand/ used parts in the scrap yards. Mkv yes Mkvi no.
quotes are for new - over 3k or used 1500. With the parts expecting to cost around 800 from the scrappy , if we find them that is.
It also works different to Britain and USA as you don't go in and look for the parts, you are only aloud to go to the office or call, if they have it, they retrieve it not you , so no free pick ups while you are there.

dazzag

Ready to race!
If you need something small i suspect it would be cheaper to get it off ebay.co.uk or de especially if they have to remove the part for you.