GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am i a Bi*ch?!

SAbroSO

Das Captain
Car(s)
07' GTI
So i found someone that was selling some smoked sidemarkers on ebay for really cheap. $24 I think. Then i looked at the shipping. He's charging $14.99 for standard flat rate shipping. Flat rate shipping doesn't cost that much. It only cost like $8-$9. I sent him a message saying that if he lowers the price on shipping i'll buy them off of him.

So back to my question. Am i being a bitch about it? I know its a good price for the side markers but i think the shipping is a rip off. It not a huge amount of money but at least be honest and not try to make a few extra bucks off of shipping.

Myles C.

All Canadian
It's just a marketing ploy like so many others... some people will charge for "Shipping & Handling" or charge $0.01 for with $35+ for shipping. You need to consider the full cost of purchasing... taxes... fees... etc... then base you decision on that.

SAbroSO

Das Captain
Car(s)
07' GTI

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
It's just a marketing ploy like so many others... some people will charge for "Shipping & Handling" or charge $0.01 for with $35+ for shipping. You need to consider the full cost of purchasing... taxes... fees... etc... then base you decision on that.

Yep. You'd be amazed at how many people only look at the price of a product and don't look at the whole scheme. How many people burn $10 in gas driving all over town trying to save $10 on something? Happens all the time.

Get-a Trek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
1997 Jetta Trek
This is where they make their money. Sell their stuff dirt cheap and screw you over on the shipping. The shipping rates he ststes it typical. Quote a high shipping cost, send it out cheap, and pocket the rest of the money.

IFlyS5

Self-proclaimed DUBHEAD

x2

This way when an Ebay user sorts by lowest price first, that seller ends up at the top. I've even seen listings from the same user done this way, every time the price goes up, shipping goes down and vice versa.

SickWrathTerror

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'08 R32
It's a simple concept...

Ebay gets a cut of the selling price. They don't get a cut on shipping.

So people simply sell the item for dirt cheap and make their $$$ off of shipping to avoid Ebay's cut.

SAbroSO

Das Captain
Car(s)
07' GTI

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
Paint?!:eyebulge: Never heard of anyone painting their sidemarkers.

I'm aware of shipping costs. I've sold stuff on ebay and my wife does a lot of shipping for her side job. Shes aware of the taxes and the whole scheme.

I sent them a message 2 days ago. So far no reply.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=180171144552&rd=1

Search a little bit, saw a person that just did it the other day, its incredibly easy...i mean not too much surface area you could actually F up on you know?

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
It's a simple concept...

Ebay gets a cut of the selling price. They don't get a cut on shipping.

So people simply sell the item for dirt cheap and make their $$$ off of shipping to avoid Ebay's cut.

No shit, i never thought of it like that. Smart man. I was always under the assumption that the lower price, was just to keep the product towards the top of the search list. But you make a very good point. BRILLIANT!

They did this with the wii...charged the normal 249, then the dumbass buyer not realizing shipping was 249 as well, got stuck with the buyer contract paying 500 for a wii.

Raven6t9

Noise Pipe Plugs FTW!!!
Car(s)
~MKV GTI~
Yeah dude, have you seen some of those fart can mufflers they have on ebay, theyre only $3.00, but the shipping can be up to like $45 friggin bucks. Its definately a good deterrant from people wanting fart cans on their civics:wink: