GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alzor 349's vs. VMR V710's

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion

Alzor Style 349's

Saw these in my inbox today, and for the price, well... wow. Anyone in the know capable of telling me why the Alzor's are half the price of a V710?

No disrespect intended towards VMR at all! I just can't get past the price difference here.

DietGarfield

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GLI
I saw these and got kind of excited. Im thinking they keep costs down by making the wheel generic. Its hub is 66.6, and they include the hubcentric rings for our VWs. Only one color available. Probably cheaper casting process since theyre near 30lbs.

I live chatted one of the ECS guys to clarify that they're 30lbs, and he said they were actually 27.9 lbs. Still heavy, but around the same weight as huffs.

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
From the looks of the pic you provided it looks like the Alzor wheels are less concave than the VMR equivalents.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Really liking these as well. Was looking at the huff reps but thesd are nice. They are tuv approved how can you go wrong with a set of 4 tuv approved rims for $500 (shipping was like $100 for me).

brokenparts

Go Kart Champion
agreed... I've been looking for wheels and would have pulled the trigger on the 3sdms but they werent in stock for month or two. Kinda digging these wheels and leaves me a lot more elbow room for the ft23.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
I think Huffs are around 29lbs, are they not? So these would be lighter by a pound or so each. And as for concavity, it's hard to tell from the pic above, Clem. I think I still prefer the V710's more, but not $400 more. :biggrin:

.:R32D2

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
Yeah something about the 349's doesn't look right, quality? or the concave level that 604GTI was talking about. They're nice but once you've seen 710's, well...

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Amazingly tempting price. I have some trashed V710s that I was thinking of refinishing but I could get these new wheels for almost the same price as refinishing my old wheels, so they definitely have my interest. From the picture it looks like tge Alzor's spokes don't look as sharp-edged and they don't appear to be as concave as the V710s. Also, they are 18x8 instead of 18x8.5, which is probably part of the reason they don't appear to have as much concavity.

Does anyone have experience with Alzors to know if they resist bending? My V710s had a poor quality finish but the wheels took a pounding on MA roads without getting any bends.

Cheap wheels don't stay cheap for long if they get bent the first time you fail to avoid a pothole.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I'm also really sick of Hyper Silver. Can anyone suggest a way to knock down the brightness of wheels in that color to about the same brightness as Classix? Maybe a matte clear coat of plastidip or something?

DietGarfield

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GLI
I'm also really sick of Hyper Silver. Can anyone suggest a way to knock down the brightness of wheels in that color to about the same brightness as Classix? Maybe a matte clear coat of plastidip or something?

yeah, thats why im not completely sold on these. Besides the 28 lbs, which is much heavier than stock denvers or even VMRs, the color is way too bright for my black car.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
agreed... I've been looking for wheels and would have pulled the trigger on the 3sdms but they werent in stock for month or two. Kinda digging these wheels and leaves me a lot more elbow room for the ft23.

Sold out of the first batch of the Style 0.05, FAST - Keep posted for other new options to land!

If anyone has any other questions on any of our wheels listesd on the site - PM me I would be glad to assist.

Andy