GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Almost got an RS3

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
So we need to watch your 12-minute video so you can make money on the ads instead of you just saying the four words, I can't afford it?

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
So we need to watch your 12-minute video so you can make money on the ads instead of you just saying the four words, I can't afford it?

Those four words are incorrect, but please sir continue trolling.

*The Fed, it strikes again*

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I went and checked this out over the weekend, but...

Navi

Autocross Champion
I ended up watching your video out of curiosity bc honestly, I liked some of your first videos esp the DIY ones. But this one is ridicolous. You killed a deal on a 60k car over 1k that ended up becoming $500? Thay would BARELY have any effect on your monthly payments. The paperwork says you owe 16k on your current car. Why would anyone ever go from a 30k car to a 60k car when they still owe 16k on their current car. That makes literally no sense. I know you said you don’t owe 16 even though the paper says that but why else would they use that number. Your complaining about ED charging you to ship back a defective cable but then say it’s fine that the APR dealer charged you a labor fee to install the TCU tune. So many holes in your story. Call it as it is. You couldnt afford it and/or realized it would be a horrible decision. Keep your car and pay it off. And save your money for a rainy day. Never forget that old adage: the rich stay rich by living like they’re poor and the poor stay poor by living like they’re rich.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Little Confused....
Watched the video. Why are you blaming ED for your clutch slippage? It's a known problem for even stock tunes.

It’s a DSG not manual

Clutch slippage is known for manual unless TQ numbers become really high for the DSG to slip (which is most likely what happened)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
I ended up watching your video out of curiosity bc honestly, I liked some of your first videos esp the DIY ones. But this one is ridicolous. You killed a deal on a 60k car over 1k that ended up becoming $500? Thay would BARELY have any effect on your monthly payments. The paperwork says you owe 16k on your current car. Why would anyone ever go from a 30k car to a 60k car when they still owe 16k on their current car. That makes literally no sense. I know you said you don’t owe 16 even though the paper says that but why else would they use that number. Your complaining about ED charging you to ship back a defective cable but then say it’s fine that the APR dealer charged you a labor fee to install the TCU tune. So many holes in your story. Call it as it is. You couldnt afford it and/or realized it would be a horrible decision. Keep your car and pay it off. And save your money for a rainy day. Never forget that old adage: the rich stay rich by living like they’re poor and the poor stay poor by living like they’re rich.

You have some valid points here. I disagreed with the labor charge from the shop on APRs tune but I simply had no choice (that is why i said it was ok). I needed the issue fixed. If a product is defective I would think the manufacturer will cover the shipping cost and also there was the "Will the new file fix my slippage?" So it would have been a waste. I can afford it as I am making the same payments on my GTI now to pay it off faster. I will have it paid off before the end of next year. If I can pay off a 30k car in 3 years what is stopping me from paying off a 60k car in 6 years? Especially with finishing my education I will have extra residual income as I dont have to pay for classes out of pocket. (School out of pocket expenses are 2.4k per class and I take 5 classes a year that leaves me with a bit of under 10k residual per year) There some transparency for the ones that say the RS3 could not be afforded.

The final decision is that I can load more money into my 401K and save/pay cash eventually for another car.

Its funny how people jump to the conclusions, oo you cant afford it oo 1k makes a difference. If 1k didn't make a difference why do you care about saving money on a 30k GTI? You got 1k give it to me if it doesnt make a difference in your everyday life.

To address the ED tune question. I did not blame them for my slippage. I said that OEM tune was slipping only 4th gear....went to ED and started slipping 4th 5th and 6th. They attempted to fix it. They tried and had a 3rd revision file yet their cable went bad so I didnt get a chance to test that. I wanted my car running properly.