GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Almost 2000whp out of 4 Cylinders

drepai

Go Kart Champion
The title of this thread is misleading btw, my bad. The GOAL of the build was 2000whp and they made about 3/4ths of that, I'm not sure if they ever achieved it. I guess they consider 48psi low boost and they didn't have the cams in the pics installed so there is quite a bit more room to grow... Honestly even if they did make 2000 wheel there's no way that car is gonna put it down, just a dyno queen at that point.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
This is the point of where the car is pretty much just a dyno queen. I applaud their work but in daily life or even racing around a small track you would almost never get to full boost quick enough. After a certain point there is really no replacement for displacement.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
This is the point of where the car is pretty much just a dyno queen. I applaud their work but in daily life or even racing around a small track you would almost never get to full boost quick enough. After a certain point there is really no replacement for displacement.
You're way off base dude, it's for drag racing. Nobody would ever set up a car like this for racing around a small track. They're not launching the car at 2k...they launch in the power band and stay in the power band so lag isn't really an issue and they can do this...

Displacement can only get you so far, the beauty of cars like this is that you can keep pushing the boundaries no matter how far you go.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Very true never thought about drag racing and launching the car.

mk6monster

Go Kart Champion
youtube blocked at work... What does this monster run finally??? =O

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion

They claimed a 12k redline and are making ridiculous power from 6500 up... How is a 5500 rpm power band too small to use on a track? I only use like 4500-6500 in the GTI.

VWTiger

I am the Stig
holy mother of balls.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI