GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

All South Florida Dubbers

thebigbang

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, well I'm stuck and a little paranoid on chipping my car. I want the gains, don't get me wrong, but its just "warranty". I have extended warranty and I don't want to blow my 2500 invest out. If you were set on your car for 6 years and didn't have to worry about anything else you would be too right? But anyways, I want to know what mod-friendly dealership you chipped dubbers go to. Is the dealer generally mod-friendly? Or do you have to make friends? Does you dealer not care, unless you do a BT upgrade?

Thanks for the Dub Love----Jon

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
I don't think you'll find a dealer who's truly chip-friendly. When it comes down to it, if your chip is the cause of the problem you're bring your car in for, they're not going to perform any work, because VW won't pay them for it.

Solution: Stock mode. I've brought my car in plenty of times and just switched my APR to stock mode. I have never been questioned *knock-on-wood*

UnitedGTI

Runs With Scissors
no solution is get the car chipped through gunther VW in south fl when i lived down there they were getting ready to open the gunther motorsports division which you can take your car in get it chipped, intake, exhaust, wheels, suspension and if they install it, it will be compleatly covered under warrenty I belive. I say give them a call and see what they can do for you!!

nbturbos

Passed Driver's Ed
Go to Gunther and see Paul before anything. He worked on my bug...and believe me, the only thing stock in that thing was the bore still bing 1.8L.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
Gunther doesnt do chips...its the only thing they dont do. I talked to one of the guys there at the motorsport division and chips are pretty much the only thing they arent cool with. To the OP, you bought the extended warranty so you are obviously concerned about warranty related things, dont chip your car! Or you can get the chip and risk wasting all that money, up to you.

Anterrabae

Banned
drive to Tampa and get it done at Reeve's. Not only do they do the chip themselves (Reeve's Motorsports) but it doesn't hurt your warranty.

thebigbang

Passed Driver's Ed
Ive heard good things about Maroone Delray Volkswagen...can anyone chime in on this? And if I do drive up to Tampa and get it flashed there will other dealers down here still honor the warranty? What I am saying is if I got service there my warranty would be honored, but since I would get serviced in SFL would the dealers down here honor the warranty?

omar

Esserman International VW
Car(s)
2007 GLI
ANYWHERE or ANYTHING you do get in in WRITTING or its all words in the air and might be bull but if a chip causes the problem i doubt VW will honor the guarantee and the dealer would have to pay for it so think about it