GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Airbag Light

MC.R

I had to leave mine overnight for them to fix the air bag light. It was a bad sensor under the drivers seat.

yea figures...

i had a weird anomally one night, might just be coincidence
both my passenger and i had our heated seats turne dall the way up to 5 for a long time, stopped at passenger's house, they got out and then i pulled away and it still thought someone was int he passenger seat for like 10 minutes and the damn thing is beeping saying to put seatbelt on but then the airbag off light comes on but it stil kept saying there was a person there who needed to put their seatbelt on.... it went away but it was so damn annoying.. i asked the dealer and they said theyve heard it happen before its just kind of a random fluke

Drake87

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
yea figures...

i had a weird anomally one night, might just be coincidence
both my passenger and i had our heated seats turne dall the way up to 5 for a long time, stopped at passenger's house, they got out and then i pulled away and it still thought someone was int he passenger seat for like 10 minutes and the damn thing is beeping saying to put seatbelt on but then the airbag off light comes on but it stil kept saying there was a person there who needed to put their seatbelt on.... it went away but it was so damn annoying.. i asked the dealer and they said theyve heard it happen before its just kind of a random fluke

Some times in my car i have to turn it off and back on to get the passenger seat belt light off or wait 10 min and have it beepin

MC.R

Some times in my car i have to turn it off and back on to get the passenger seat belt light off or wait 10 min and have it beepin

yea it freaked me out i'm like "dumb car there is no one there!!!" unless there's my fast ghost sitting in my seat hahaha

zap

Ready to race!
rediculous
it takes me 15 minutes to do both seats

Hi
Was wondering anyone has the pdf for the TSB? Mine went to the stealership few times, saw them struggling for a bit of time and fixed something under the front passenger seat the last time. Airbag fault came on my MFD again after a few days :cry:

andrewGTI

Car(s)
2008 GTI
turning off airbag light on dash

Turning the light off is easy.

can you clarify how?

i have replacement seats in that dont have airbags. want to turn off the light on the dash.

i have VAG hooked up, l see how to disable the *airbag*, but not how to disable the light on the dash...

have searched high and low. Any tips?

DirtyJerzGTI

Dirty Dubbin'
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
can you clarify how?

i have replacement seats in that dont have airbags. want to turn off the light on the dash.

i have VAG hooked up, l see how to disable the *airbag*, but not how to disable the light on the dash...

have searched high and low. Any tips?

my friend tried turning the light off in my dash with VAGcom but it won't turn off because there is an actual problem (harness under the seat)