GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Airbag Light for the Seventh Time!!

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
And this time i'm out of the warranty. you think i should write a letter to VWoA? theres no way i'm going to pay for this. it's ridiculous.

MKV808

Ready to race!
After the 4th time the Airbag light went off, my dealer had enough of it and ordered a whole new wiring harness for my car. I can say that the new harness looks more robust. More sturdy looking and lots of protection around it as well. Never had a Airbag Fault Light since then. Try ask your dealer if they can replace it for free cause its your fucking 7th time...thats bullshit

Car(s)
08 UG GTi
i just got one fixed in my wifes jetta yesterday and the horn also stopped working now its fixed though.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
After the 4th time the Airbag light went off, my dealer had enough of it and ordered a whole new wiring harness for my car. I can say that the new harness looks more robust. More sturdy looking and lots of protection around it as well. Never had a Airbag Fault Light since then. Try ask your dealer if they can replace it for free cause its your fucking 7th time...thats bullshit

you would think they would've done this already. how many miles have you driven, approximately, since you had it replaced?

i just got one fixed in my wifes jetta yesterday and the horn also stopped working now its fixed though.

yea this happened to me. all the controls on the steering wheel and the lights in the buttons all went out. but they fixed that. i can't believe that its the seventh time. this is ridiculous...

Quintonius

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 GTI
mine went off because i was getting behind my stereo and unplugged the passenger airbag light with the key on and it puts an airbag fault but lesson learned and they fixed mine for free without warranty

JimmyzMKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' CW GTI 5 Door
Lemon law applies here I believe. 3 times and it kicks in. It is in your owners manual. Has to be by law. Good luck 07mkvgti. I am not a lawyer though...

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Lemon law applies here I believe. 3 times and it kicks in. It is in your owners manual. Has to be by law. Good luck 07mkvgti. I am not a lawyer though...

i already called and tried that. they have to have 3 attempts to fix it and you only have the first 2 years of the car, so i'd have to go back and look into when the fourth time was. maybe since it was withing the 2 years, it still applies

bag666

dont care
even if the car is out of warranty...a certified dealer should warranty there work if its the same faul

MKV808

Ready to race!
you would think they would've done this already. how many miles have you driven, approximately, since you had it replaced?

yea this happened to me. all the controls on the steering wheel and the lights in the buttons all went out. but they fixed that. i can't believe that its the seventh time. this is ridiculous...

I bought my car used at 10k. The airbag fault happened in this interval. 13k, 15k, 19k, and finally 21k. I'm close to the 30K mark and it has never bothered me since they changed the whole wiring harness. I also tested it by moving the seat back and forth about 50 times, after the wiring harness was replaced. Nothing happened. I'm very happy that they changed the damn thing. Stupid VW...they should fucking recall all the vehicles for this airbag fault light and the CAM FOLLOWER. GRRRRR

OP: if you want I can take a picture of the wiring harness. Take a picture of yours so we can see if we have different harness. Just the outside view of the harness is fine, no need for us to take the seat apart. If I remember correctly, my last harness was a thin piece of shit that flew everywhere when I moved my seat, and it was tied by zip ties. This new I have looks more robust and doesn't move as much.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
I bought my car used at 10k. The airbag fault happened in this interval. 13k, 15k, 19k, and finally 21k. I'm close to the 30K mark and it has never bothered me since they changed the whole wiring harness. I also tested it by moving the seat back and forth about 50 times, after the wiring harness was replaced. Nothing happened. I'm very happy that they changed the damn thing. Stupid VW...they should fucking recall all the vehicles for this airbag fault light and the CAM FOLLOWER. GRRRRR

OP: if you want I can take a picture of the wiring harness. Take a picture of yours so we can see if we have different harness. Just the outside view of the harness is fine, no need for us to take the seat apart. If I remember correctly, my last harness was a thin piece of shit that flew everywhere when I moved my seat, and it was tied by zip ties. This new I have looks more robust and doesn't move as much.

well i don't know if the harness is the problem. where is it located. on the passenger side, is it that removable plastic panel? under there? it has to be the driver seat this time cause it came on when i was the only one in the car.

MKV808

Ready to race!
well i don't know if the harness is the problem. where is it located. on the passenger side, is it that removable plastic panel? under there? it has to be the driver seat this time cause it came on when i was the only one in the car.

yes its that removable plastic panel. There should be a line that connects to your seat. if that wire/line is skinny, you have my previous wiring harness. The one I have is about 2 1/2 - 3 inches thick.

bulldogger

Going for broke

I am experiencing this right now. No steering wheel controls! :cry: Gonna setup an appointment and add my results to this thread.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
i got it all taken care of under warranty. they fixed the wiring and the passenger seatbelt buckle was replaced for the second time in the past 9,000 miles

Scirocco

Passed Driver's Ed
My light has been on since new, then they tried to fix it and the horn went out. A tech on here from Pasadena VW says that when the horn is out, the airbag will definitely not work. Good thing I have no accidents.