GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air lines

apollosfury

designeddwk
For those of you wtih air setups that kept your spare, where did you route the air lines? i know a lot of people go through the grommets on the floor under where the spare goes, but i'm not sure if that would work in this situation given space limitations.

Anyone who has or has installed a set up like this, i'd love to hear your thoughts! :thumbsup:

OVRWRKD

Ready to race!
I run the lines through those grommets with the spare no problem. I use loop clamps with small self tapping screws to hold them against the sheet metal. The spare is on top of feet that hold it up over 3/8" lines no problem. On GTIs I run all four through the forward most two grommets splitting left and right sides of the car. On jettas I run under the rear seat and out through a grommet in front of it on the floor, this avoids all the exhaust and long rear of the jetta, the GTI is short and it's easier. I may have some photos in my Flickr if you click the link in my sig.

apollosfury

designeddwk
Thanks! :thumbsup: I checked your flickr and didn't see any pics that showed in detail, but it is good to know that the spare is raised a little. That actually should resolve any issues with rubbing, etc. The management is all set up, and i'm hoping to run the lines and install bags this weekend so i'm trying to eliminate as many hurdles as possible.

Thanks again! I've had the car forever and have done pretty much all my own work but sometimes i feel like a newb all over again

OVRWRKD

Ready to race!
Thanks! :thumbsup: I checked your flickr and didn't see any pics that showed in detail, but it is good to know that the spare is raised a little. That actually should resolve any issues with rubbing, etc. The management is all set up, and i'm hoping to run the lines and install bags this weekend so i'm trying to eliminate as many hurdles as possible.

Thanks again! I've had the car forever and have done pretty much all my own work but sometimes i feel like a newb all over again

also check Rat4Life's flickr, should be able to just google search it. He's better at taking photos than I am, but we do things exactly the same way.

apollosfury

designeddwk
also check Rat4Life's flickr, should be able to just google search it. He's better at taking photos than I am, but we do things exactly the same way.

I actually messaged him on vortex yesterday. You both do good work!

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using Tapatalk