GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air isn't blowing from the vents.

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
It's really cold right now in Alberta so this is one of the worst things that could happen. I started up the car and turned on the windshield and rear window blowers on with A/C enabled and the temperature at HI and nothing was blowing. None of the Climatronic buttons worked. The heated seats weren't even working. Just before the entire car got fogged up, I hit the HVAC controls a few times with my fist and everything started working properly.

What's wrong with it? :mad0259:

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
Hitting it made it work; I never hit it until then.

angrybaker

banned
well now you know how to fix it

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
It's not really my idea of a permanent fix :wink: I'm going to see the dealer if this happens one more time.

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
Okay, it's not working again. After a hellish, 0-visibility drive to work this morning, I'm going to take the car in. This is a pretty big problem and I am not impressed.

Graubart

Ready to race!
Check that all your fuses are making good contact. Pull out the critical ones and put them back in. When it gets cold, things shrink and can lose contact. Have seen this happen before, but usually on French cars.

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
I think it might be a connection issue but I'm taking it to the dealer just in case. Thanks for the info :)

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
Check that all your fuses are making good contact. Pull out the critical ones and put them back in. When it gets cold, things shrink and can lose contact. Have seen this happen before, but usually on French cars.

if him hitting the hvac area caused it to fix it has nothing to do with the fuses lol

its definitely a poor connection in the power or ground to the module. shouldnt be too hard to find. check the power and ground circuits. if they are fine then it could be the module itself.

i'd check the TSB's for you but im not on the right computer.

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
When I was taking the car to the dealer, the HVAC started working all of a sudden. Grrrreeeaaattt :lol:

Hopefully they find out what it is soon.

Mataleao9380

Ready to race!
When I was taking the car to the dealer, the HVAC started working all of a sudden. Grrrreeeaaattt :lol:

Hopefully they find out what it is soon.

If your dealership is anything like mine: if you don't have a CEL or they can't replicate the issue, you are SOL. Good luck though:thumbsup:

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
Turns out the blower and one other part are almost completely dead. They are ordering new ones for me but they tried to fix it enough to last until the new parts come. I hope it doesn't die on me again or else the winter drive up north will hurt a lot.

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
hope you have a warm coat and thermal underwear.

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
And a blow dryer so I can defog the damn windshield ><