GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket wheels?

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
I'm probably going to go with something from O.Z. Maybe Ultraleggeras or Superturismos, like below.

Lellobeetle

Go Kart Newbie
Those are a helluva lot of spokes to keep clean - believe me, I know because of the OZ Aristo wheels on my previous gti. But they sure look good.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
two that I've seen look descent...RH C4's, and the HP Racing EVO's in 18's....two identical threads in this part of the forum, but yea...love the style

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
Im looking for the lightest wheels with still a good price any ideas??
So far the best i've seen is the OZ ultraleggera at 11.5LBS

LiquidG

Touring Car Champion
frank2287 said:
Im looking for the lightest wheels with still a good price any ideas??
So far the best i've seen is the OZ ultraleggera at 11.5LBS

11.5 lbs? wow that light and they are cheap, any cons on getting these? I might get em.

budgy

Passed Driver's Ed
I am 100% positive that 11.5lbs is a typo on Tire racks part despite repeated claims that they double checked the weight, they are only a cast rim (a very light cast rim based on the weight of the 18's) but forged wheels are typically significantly lighter than cast and the lighest 17" wheels I know of are all around 13 lbs (SSR Comps, Mugen MF10's, Racing Hart CP-035, Volk Ce28N).

Beyond that go too OZ's very own website the weight of a 17x7 wheel (not even that wide) is listed at 7.2 kgs thats 15.8 lbs, why would a 17x8 be 11.5?