GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Alarms?

itsYANO

08 GTI mkV Midnight Black
Car(s)
08 GTI mkV
So im just curious.. how many of you have put an aftermarket alarm system into your GTI? i have yet to hear about the track record with theft in the GTI and im curious if a lot of people spend the extra cash and beef up the protection..:iono:

Sinan

Schnell, bitch! Schnell!
Car(s)
VW Rabbit MkV
Alarms today are....well, might as well not have them....

People don't pay attention to them anymore.

I don't think many, if ANY, did it. Simply because it's hassle and it would be wasting money on something you already have built in.

But, would be interested in other opinions though.

Blocko

Rabblerouser
You'd be better off with an immobilizer really. I think Revo offers something along those lines built into their ecu flash.

MC.R

Lojack. Haha

x2 thats pretty much it... i used to put major alarms in my cars and i was going to with my GTI but in reality now people just don't even care but i'd recommend python/viper alarms basically anything directed electronics.... they make good stuff but it's not cheap

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
i want one put on my car. yeah fair enough people dont really pay attention to them but if a theif sets one off he/she will panic

QSYH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 GTI MkV
just giving you something to do :biggrin:

Haha..

but GTI already comes with a immobilizer doesn't it? I mean no alarm is going to go off if you break the window(with stock).
I know APR + REVO both have immobilizers, with REVO you need the SPS and with APR it's just an added feature that you have to buy.

itsYANO

08 GTI mkV Midnight Black
Car(s)
08 GTI mkV
yea i believe most of the software flashes offer a immobilzer or kill program

Cappy

Ready to race!
Yeah, I heard that the immobilizer thing that the GTI comes with is pretty good. I still payed the extra 400 bucks for a LoJack though.

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
If Lojack was available in Canada, I think a lot of people up here would have it. Considering what it does, the cost ratio to it can easily be accepted.