GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adding Space Saver Spare, Hold-Down "Bolt"

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Well shit. Do you have a link to what I would need? Where's the best place to buy the spare?
DAP indeed sells a complete kit. You can do without the rear trim piece and trim out the original if you want to save a few bucks. I went for the whole enchilada..

https://www.shopdap.com/golf-r-spare-tire-kit-mk7-mk75.html

Finished product:

yeahforbes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Does the sound of the sub change at all after the install?
No it does not change and is designed to be inside the Spare. It is just US cars they remove the Spare, European ones have it.
Plus Subs are not directional like speakers. Its all about frequency.

Here is a video I did on Retrofitting it and all Parts List. I drone on in the video, so just skip through to get to the good parts, haha.
2018 VW MK 7.5 Golf R Spare Tire Retrofit - YouTube

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Dammit, I forgot about needing to cut out the plastic at the rear of the trunk. Can I just buy the one center piece that's used on the GTI and install it? I'm not a big fan of cutting up original parts of a car. Also, what does a GTI floor look like, is it also "felt" covered? And I see there's plenty of extra room. My 1.5 ton scissors jack I bought from Wallyworld fits well enough.

One problem though, it's going to be a bitch getting the 19" Cadiz and tire in the car. wish someone made a 10 pound wheel. :)

mholme

Car(s)
'19 Golf R
Dammit, I forgot about needing to cut out the plastic at the rear of the trunk. Can I just buy the one center piece that's used on the GTI and install it? I'm not a big fan of cutting up original parts of a car. Also, what does a GTI floor look like, is it also "felt" covered? And I see there's plenty of extra room. My 1.5 ton scissors jack I bought from Wallyworld fits well enough.

One problem though, it's going to be a bitch getting the 19" Cadiz and tire in the car. wish someone made a 10 pound wheel. :)
The OEM Euro part that comes with the kit is about 50 dollars
Hatch Trim.png

Search SiteSearch 5g6863459l82v - 5G6863459L82V - Cover For Lock Carrier (5G6 863 459 L 82V) (ecstuning.com)