GOLFMKV

Acceleration then snap....wont take throttle

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
Looks like whatever plug was in the pipe off the throttle body flew out

Oil on underside of hood, air rushing out of that pipe

Edit: shut the car off, went through my tool kit and. Toning that will
Plug that hole

Stuffed a microfiber on there, turned car on, and it's fine. Limping it home now being careful not to make boost.

Looks like an early morning Home Depot run to find something to put in there. I'm guessing the plumbing aisle will have something workable

Edit 2: and forgive me I am just home now..do people cap off the firewall hose too? Or leave it open?

I hope I don't have a ding in the hood now lol

Edit 3:

Last edited:

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
your noise pipe is missing and the plug someone put in it blew the f off. happened to me once. stopped by napa and picked up an expansion plug bung deal. it's a rubber cork looking situation with a screw and washer with a nyloc nut on top. had it on mine till I dropped the coin on a neuspeed throttle pipe.

like this.

https://goo.gl/images/KTQnrs

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
Thanks guys yep as soon as I popped the hood I saw the empty pipe, looked up and saw the oil, and kinds figured it out lol

I am friendly with the old owner - he actually had the expansion plug in there - so that's what failed tonight. Going to see if they have any sort of actual plug tomorrow, or I kinda like that IE silicone cap/clamp deal.

I saw the A3 and Tiguan pipes are different too. Is the Passat one similar?

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
the tiguans had the ccta tsi engines, the passats had the bpy fsi. some audis had a bpy variant fsi style but I am unsure if they fit/work

edit: Dan beat me to it

Last edited:

MikeG918

Passed Driver's Ed
Happened to me twice with a Home Depot cap and both time put a little dent in my hood, then it was replaced with a bsh pipe. No problems since then, there are many solutions for this. If you plan on ever setting up water/meth injection you might as well get a bsh or similar one that has provisions for a meth bung. If not spulen has a low cost alternative or like other have said a Passat pipe will do the same.

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
How bad a job is doing this pipe on a lift? Looks relatively simple

Going t hit Home Depot during lunch today for a temp fix

Last edited:

larcic

Ready to race!

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
all you need is a rubber hose cap and a hose clamp. something like this https://www.google.com/search?q=hos...hVL3SwKHTqBCYIQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=5OKYenQPjbiELM:

it will hold way better than the plug. lots of companies sell this. bsh, cts, urotuning. its called a noise pipe delete kit. nut you can find it all at the hardware store for under 10$

Ah perfect! I totally forgot about this, I guess they make it when your heater core takes a dump!

Anyone happen to know what size cap I need? I deal with advance etc through work so can order and install here

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
For future reference, the OD of the pipe is 1.35 inch

For now my stage 1 and stage 2 temp solutions

Comical lol

And as it turns out I did get a ding in my hood

And the paint now has a small spider web crack

So so so pissed

MikeG918

Passed Driver's Ed
For future reference, the OD of the pipe is 1.35 inch

For now my stage 1 and stage 2 temp solutions