GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ABS and ESP issues

Sudu420

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 gti mkv
So on my way home from Johnstown last night I turned my car on after filling up with gas and my ABS light was lit up as well as the ESP light letting me know that ESP was OFF, but i never turned it off and It was stuck on OFF(the button didnt work). The roads were pretty wet so I decided to see if the whole system was off. Stepped on the brakes rather hard and all my wheels locked up. Now since its winter and there is tons of salt, rocks, pebbles on the road I have a bit of rocks stuck in my rear dust shields.(I'm sure some of you know about this issue and the horrible sounds it makes). I'm thinking this may have something to do with it but maybe not. I turned the car on and off a few times and the issue still presented itself. However after sitting all night i went for a ride this morning to get some flowers for my fiance's Birthday/our anniversary and everything is back to normal. Anyone ever experience this or know anything that i could do? thanks in advance guys.

VWconvert

ozone killer..
Car(s)
06 gti
How new is your battery? Prior to mine shitting the bed I had issues with the abs and esp lights randomly. If you get them again and your in the pitt area, I will scan it for you. Its probably some B.S. code.

NinoGTI

2.0Turbo
Car(s)
2K7 VW GTI
I recently had a similar problem. I took it to my local auto shop (Auto Zone) and pulled up a code saying it was my Throttle Position Sensor. I got it replaced & every-things back to normal.

oni242

Ready to race!
Same issue here. They replaced the throttle wiring harness but the lights came back a week later. Replaced throttle even though my warranty was out.