GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A3 throttle pipe for under $100??

whitepony5.0

My Car is Red :)
Car(s)
06 GTI
So I went to the dealer to buy an A3 throttle pipe for my 06 fsi, but they wanted $157.62 plus taxes for the special order part.... I think thats way too much for this part imo. I see that ecs sells one for about $120, but I have searched all over the internet for one under $100.... Aside from a used one, does anyone know of a website selling them for $100 or less? :iono:

LePatron

Ready to race!
And also at genuinevwaudiparts.com: A3pipe

whitepony5.0

Car(s)
06 GTI
sweet thanks guys!! I had the noise plug but I got a CEL after it was in, so I took it out and sold it.

whitepony5.0

Car(s)
06 GTI
I bought one and sent it back. Bought a $3 rubber pipe cap instead.

.../don

im sure that is just as effective, but I like the OEM look. :thumbsup:

airchina83

a must "fix"

I ended up buying the part (1k0145770k) from my local vw dealer ($160-170 plus tax) for my 2008 GLI. I was a little skeptic that this mod or fix would do anything except clear clutter and reduce noise. I was wrong, the throttle response is absolutely better with faster and more responsive feel. Probably not anymore total power but you get it faster, so it's faster.

It's a B to get the old pipe out cause it's got the big Y junction. I was able to sneak it by but you'd might want to remove the fans first. I was also able to lift up the rain tray and sneak the actual sound speaker out. Long ratchet extensions, long needle-nose pliers, and torx heads are a must for this project.