GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A night out with the GTI

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
Ok so after an entire day of detailing my car due to industrial pollution in my area, my friends called me up ad asked me if I wanted to go to the "hang out". I havent gone to one of these in prolly over a year if not more, but gave it a shot. Bottom line is that once i got there alot of people wanted to run me, being that i was the first MKV they've seen. I am still bone stock cuz im planning on taking her to the track to get the 14's I promised on a 6spd. So the cars I raced were; 350z(stock), neon SRT4(not sure but i hope he was stock),Sentra spec V, and yes another 06' civic SI(stock). The 350z i knew would beat me but i never knew i could stay on his ass like i did. If i wouldve been chipped I wouldve won without a doubt. I won against the spec-V(which is a buddy of mine). I ran the SRT-4 off the hole and won. Yes I beat an SRT-4 neon. Now for the one you guys love the most,,, the run against the SI. We ran off the hole and on the first attempt I jumped in front so he didnt go. Then as i was going back to the line on reverse forgot to take the car out of reverse and hit reverse when we took off. After that embarassment in front of a huge crowd I finally took off but didnt grip as good and he jumped half a car on the 60' :burnrubber: then we pretty much stayed together until the end of 3rd and going to 4th gear, where i beat him by a fender. I gave him alot more respect than any other SI ive gone up against for the fact that he knew how to drive. So there you have it. With the way he got me on the 60' he shouldve won period, so i asked him if he had atleast broken in his engine and he said it only had 37 miles on it:eyebulge: . In other words if I need to get the best possible 60' foot to beat him again when he's fully broken in

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
where was this?...27 and okeechobee?

btw good job...i think everyone under estimates this car far too much

friday night while going to meet Hotlanta at a local spot i messed around with a mustang GT with exhaust...we never really raced but at one light the guy asked me if i was stock and i told him yes and he was like "those fuckers are fast!"...i told him ya they are ok

then on the way home from that i meet a GTO at a light...we both took off normal...then i punched it and so did he...i got throught 2 gears and let off cuz of a nasty bend in the road and an upcomming light...well he never did catch up...it wasnt really a race i just wanted to see if he would catch me

now im sure both of us will get shit about how we are lying or whatever...but i think this car has more balls than people think

oh well

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
SRT-4.... did the guy driving the srt-4 have some sort of diability, like no legs? There is no way that with anyone who could drive at all that you could beat an SRT-4. My friend has an SRT-4 and its no contest. I can stay with him to an extent... but no wat

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Freek said:
where was this?...27 and okeechobee?

btw good job...i think everyone under estimates this car far too much

friday night while going to meet Hotlanta at a local spot i messed around with a mustang GT with exhaust...we never really raced but at one light the guy asked me if i was stock and i told him yes and he was like "those fuckers are fast!"...i told him ya they are ok

then on the way home from that i meet a GTO at a light...we both took off normal...then i punched it and so did he...i got throught 2 gears and let off cuz of a nasty bend in the road and an upcomming light...well he never did catch up...it wasnt really a race i just wanted to see if he would catch me

now im sure both of us will get shit about how we are lying or whatever...but i think this car has more balls than people think

oh well

that's a better scenario than my ride home. 70 in a 45 on Peachtree Industrial 3 miles from my house :cry: . Went out and bought Passport 8500 x50 next day. :thumbsup:

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
earthtoandy said:
SRT-4.... did the guy driving the srt-4 have some sort of diability, like no legs? There is no way that with anyone who could drive at all that you could beat an SRT-4. My friend has an SRT-4 and its no contest. I can stay with him to an extent... but no wat
i couldnt believe it myself. to be honest i was turning down the race but the guy insisted to run off the hole, along with the huge crowd. peer pressure drove me into it and i turned out winning. i actually went back and asked the kid himself. the only advantage i had was that he had his gf in the car and i was alone. i knew i'd get heat from this, and that no one would believe me but I know what i did, and all my friends were there to see it. Next week im going to the track bone stock and will take a video camera to show the 14's with a 6speed as proof.
trick000 said:
I love your stories blackmkv! Keep em coming!
Thanx:biggrin:

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
blackmkv said:
i couldnt believe it myself. to be honest i was turning down the race but the guy insisted to run off the hole, along with the huge crowd. peer pressure drove me into it and i turned out winning. i actually went back and asked the kid himself. the only advantage i had was that he had his gf in the car and i was alone. i knew i'd get heat from this, and that no one would believe me but I know what i did, and all my friends were there to see it. Next week im going to the track bone stock and will take a video camera to show the 14's with a 6speed as proof. Thanx:biggrin:

Ok call me stupid but what the hell does "off the hole" mean?

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
from a complete stop

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
blackmkv said:
i couldnt believe it myself. to be honest i was turning down the race but the guy insisted to run off the hole, along with the huge crowd. peer pressure drove me into it and i turned out winning. i actually went back and asked the kid himself. the only advantage i had was that he had his gf in the car and i was alone. i knew i'd get heat from this, and that no one would believe me but I know what i did, and all my friends were there to see it.
Yeah i hate to be the negative one and I DO believe you but there must be some circumstance, something wrong with him or his car that made this happen. as good as you could be, beating an SRT-4 just isnt in the cards. He could of had a circus with him and still should of one. He was probably still lighter with a passenger

I assume he sucks at driving.

mk1-fan

Drag Race Newbie
Good runs. I can't comment on the SRT4, as we don't have that car here. My GTI has Revo code and on a recent top-end run I beat a Honda S2000, Subaru STI (no really), a 350Z and a BMW 330i E46.

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
earthtoandy said:
Yeah i hate to be the negative one and I DO believe you but there must be some circumstance, something wrong with him or his car that made this happen. as good as you could be, beating an SRT-4 just isnt in the cards. He could of had a circus with him and still should of one. He was probably still lighter with a passenger

I assume he sucks at driving.

i ran my friend's stock SRT 4 (my car is stock) and i was behind him about a bumper to half a car length with him from a 3rd gear roll. I wouldnt be too surprised if he beat the guy assuming the srt 4 owner couldnt drive.