KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
It was either this size or HUGE!

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
wittle bwue staffowdshiuh, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i love those dogs. raise him nice and happy.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
She's very happy and gets plenty of exercise. I take her running with me every evening. She's my new personal trainer. If I could just get her to stop biting my hands... I can't wait for the teething stage to be over.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
Has she tried to eat any children yet? Because you know pitsbulls are evil dogs. /sarcasm

Cute dog.

She's NOT NOT NOT a pitbull... English Staffies, despite having a similar face, only get to be about 30lbs and have a very different disposition than pits or amstaffs. They're called the "Nanny Dog" because they're so good with kids.

Temperament

Although individual differences in personality exist, common traits exist throughout the Staffords. Due to its breeding, the modern dog is known for its character of indomitable courage, high intelligence, and tenacity. This, coupled with its affection for its friends, and children in particular, its off-duty quietness and trustworthy stability, makes it a foremost all-purpose dog. It has been said that "No breed is more loving with its family"

The breed is naturally muscular and may appear intimidating; however, because of their natural fondness for people, most Staffords are temperamentally ill-suited for guard or attack-dog training.

The Staffordshire Bull Terrier appeared in the top 10 breeds most suitable for families and especially children in a report researched and published by Southampton University in 1996. This breed is highly intelligent, eager to please and very people friendly. It adapts readily to most situations making it the foremost all purpose dog. Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppies are very easy to house train.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
yeah but he already has beefed out front shoulders. that dog is going to be solid when it's fully grown.

my buddies staffordshire was abused (he rescued it). it's a sweet sweet dog, but don't get me wrong, it will still take a grown man down. one hell of a guard dog (not it's purpose, juts a purpose it can serve).

She's a she! She'll definitely be a solid dog, no doubt about that. I live in a condo complex with people and kids all over the place and she's always outside socializing with them which is vital when raising a puppy. I spoke to the breeder about that before I got her and he basically said "Guard dog? please... if someone was robbing your house she'd probably help him carry the TV out on her back."

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
She's NOT NOT NOT a pitbull... English Staffies, despite having a similar face, only get to be about 30lbs and have a very different disposition than pits or amstaffs. They're called the "Nanny Dog" because they're so good with kids.

It was sarcasm but as far as most people are concerned that dog you have is is IS a pitbull. Pitbull being the term used to describe many breeds of dogs and not just the American Pitbull Terrier. That's one of the reasons "Pitbulls" get such a bad name because the people that keep track of dog attack fatalities lump a bunch of dogs together as "Pitbulls". BTW English Staffordshire Bull Terriers were originally fighting dogs and American Pits are DIRECT decendants of them, don't even try to deny that!

Anyway, I didn't mean to get you started, My comment was a joke. And I am a firm believer that there are no evil dogs just evil owners.

BTW here is a pic of my "Pitbull" that isn't really a Pitbull. :biggrin:

Attachments

• stolitoy.jpg
    stolitoy.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 280

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
It was sarcasm but as far as most people are concerned that dog you have is is IS a pitbull. Pitbull being the term used to describe many breeds of dogs and not just the American Pitbull Terrier. That's one of the reasons "Pitbulls" get such a bad name because the people that keep track of dog attack fatalities lump a bunch of dogs together as "Pitbulls". BTW English Staffordshire Bull Terriers were originally fighting dogs and American Pits are DIRECT decendants of them, don't even try to deny that!

Anyway, I didn't mean to get you started, My comment was a joke. And I am a firm believer that there are no evil dogs just evil owners.

BTW here is a pic of my "Pitbull" that isn't really a Pitbull. :biggrin:

Yeah... I know what you mean. My cousin has a pitbull that wasn't socialized well and it's not a friendly dog but I'm doing everything within my power to have her meet as many different people and dogs as possible to make sure she's well socialized. That seems the be the key when raising any bully breed. It's just funny that people would be scared of a dog that's only up to my knee when fully grown.

Our mailman was really funny. He said "Your girl tried telling me it was some English something something... I don't care what you call it, in my neighborhood, that's a pitbull!" The stigma is there and there's nothing I can do about it.