GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I am targeting 550whp, do you think it will be fine?

This is new ground for me, will leave comments on H or I to those who have 550-600 whp cars and have experience with both.

Having said that, these are forged and very beefy, arp hardware and drilled. I wouldn't be afraid of running that power level on my build with these rods.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well this year 2017, I am sort of giving the car a refresh in many respects including exterior.

Time to call the dent guy out to push out the 2 dents that I have (very small pkg lot door stuff). Rest of the paint shines better than new as I keep it polished.

Today I put a new windshield in, boy is that a great inexpensive upgrade. I had a connection of course.

So I have a new windshield, new headlight housing/lenses, new LED foglights, I replaced the honeycomb grill a couple of years ago and the paint is super glossy. With all of this the car looks very close to new though it is an old design.

Last year I found some black leather Audi TTS seats in great condition. To spruce things up further I am going to have them refreshed and have the inserts done in a diamond pattern just like the new Audi S6 and S8. I will redo the back in the same look (right now it is still gray/plaid)

What I have in the GTI now (top pic) How I want to refinish the interior (pic of S6 interior) Should come out nice.

I am still up in the air about doing flared fenders and wide tires/wheels.

Also looking at possibly doing some sort of custom exhaust that would be a single centered tip (something different maybe)

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Those seats are balls man!

They look comfortable as hell.

They are really comfortable and have all the electric adjustments. Audi TT and Porsche seats are readily available on ebay and make a nice upgrade. I got this set with very low mileage for 800.00 and the Audi seat tracks literally bolt right in with no adjustment. I did have to run power to the seats and I did have to transfer plugs from my old seats to these. Simple stuff but really changed the look of the interior (my opinion)

Also people say too hard to ship or too expensive. Mine included shipping but the way to ship them is via Greyhound and you just pick them up at the terminal. Cost less than 100.00 to ship both from from Florida to California.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Thanks man, going to the track Sat. After that the motor comes out for a build and we go from K04 to EFR 7163.

Nice! My suspension/drivetrain build is coming in the next month. Excited to get it back on the road (been down since Oct 2015).

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Nice! My suspension/drivetrain build is coming in the next month. Excited to get it back on the road (been down since Oct 2015).

I am also making some suspension upgrades with track in mind. I have a set of the YCW coilovers on the bench and am just waiting for the springs I ordered. These will be streetable but more track oriented. Also have another set of BBS CO wheels ont he way and they will get a set of Federal 595S-R tires for track.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Sounds nice. I'm going to get 17x9 ET45 RPF1's and redrill them and run 245/40 RE-71R's eventually. But this is at least a year from now. I'll manage with my Q5 wheels with 225/40 Direzza ZII's for now.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Sounds nice. I'm going to get 17x9 ET45 RPF1's and redrill them and run 245/40 RE-71R's eventually. But this is at least a year from now. I'll manage with my Q5 wheels with 225/40 Direzza ZII's for now.

17x9 with 245/40 wow, that will be a tight fit won't it.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
We'll see. I'm planning on running quite a bit higher on the PSS coils than where I'm at now (probably .5" lower than a stock Euro ride height Mk5). We'll see. Maybe by then I'll pick up camber plates too.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
IMG_7329.JPG

These are the same wheels with 245/40's. He's running 17mm adapters up front with those SRS 25mm wider fenders.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Well this year 2017, I am sort of giving the car a refresh in many respects including exterior.

Time to call the dent guy out to push out the 2 dents that I have (very small pkg lot door stuff). Rest of the paint shines better than new as I keep it polished.

Today I put a new windshield in, boy is that a great inexpensive upgrade. I had a connection of course.

So I have a new windshield, new headlight housing/lenses, new LED foglights, I replaced the honeycomb grill a couple of years ago and the paint is super glossy. With all of this the car looks very close to new though it is an old design.

Last year I found some black leather Audi TTS seats in great condition. To spruce things up further I am going to have them refreshed and have the inserts done in a diamond pattern just like the new Audi S6 and S8. I will redo the back in the same look (right now it is still gray/plaid)

What I have in the GTI now (top pic) How I want to refinish the interior (pic of S6 interior) Should come out nice.

I am still up in the air about doing flared fenders and wide tires/wheels.

Also looking at possibly doing some sort of custom exhaust that would be a single centered tip (something different maybe)

Those seats looks amazing!
First time about that too [emoji4]

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
View attachment 97044

These are the same wheels with 245/40's. He's running 17mm adapters up front with those SRS 25mm wider fenders.

If..... I do it, I would do it just like this car with the Voomeran fender flares and the Enkeis.

This looks pretty cool. It is RPF01 (with SBC finish) 18x9.5 with 265/35 tires. If I did flares that is how I would like mine to come out.