GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

7th Annual Summer Solstice Drive & BBQ (June 21, 2014)

baker

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GLI

It is that time of the year again; the longest day of the year. For the 7th year now, MetroDubs will be hosting the Summer Solstice Drive and BBQ. This is FREE and open to everyone; family members encouraged to join. We will be carving the turns mid day to view all beauty that Colorado has to offer. The drive will be about 60+ miles and should take about 2-1/2 hours to complete. We will meet at Starbucks located at 9956 W. Remington Pl., Littleton, CO 80128 at 11:00 am. We will be leaving there no than 11:30am. The drive will have a few pit stops and photo shoot areas and will drive through Deer Creek, Conifer, Mt Evans, Idaho Springs and Golden.

If the drive is not quite your style; no worries. The BBQ starts around 3:00pm at Lakewood Park Shelter #2. The address for that is 150 S. Kipling Pkwy., Lakewood, CO 80226. http://www.lakewood.org/LakewoodPark/ Please bring some food and side dishes, plates and napkins work as well. MetroDubs will provide the Charcoal and the cover the cost of renting the shelter. Bring the kids, there is a playground, sand volley ball pits and plenty of grass to get some frisbee or corn hole....

I will update this post as needed, but the latest information will be posted on www.metrodubs.com or www.facebook.com/metrodubs/

Thank you.

baker

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GLI
Today is June 12th and Summer Solstice 2014 is June 21st.. Coincidence or just a cheap bump? Either.. see you there.

baker

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GLI
I do have a Google Maps short link that i will give out at the starting point for everyone attending.

baker

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GLI
And the pavilion at Lakewood Park #2 is paid and canned beer is okay. Please, no glass bottles and bring your food to grill. I will supply the charcoal. See you at the drive, the BBQ or both!!

baker

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GLI
Saturday A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 3pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 87. West southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.