GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$75,000 and a (car) dream...

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
A salesman tried to sell me a CTS-V wagon maybe 6/7 years ago. I drove it and didn't like it that much(especially for the mileage/price.) I was unaware at the time that they were so desirable.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Peanut butter coloured... lol. And not everything... seats, ebrake cover, shifter.. Door cards... everything else black.

You totally had me until peanut butter.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I'd keep the VR6. PB interior sounds sexy tho.

How about the Bisi 1000HP 6 speed Odyssey Van.

1612671864381.png

1612671908790.png

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
A salesman tried to sell me a CTS-V wagon maybe 6/7 years ago. I drove it and didn't like it that much(especially for the mileage/price.) I was unaware at the time that they were so desirable.

There is a good Savage Geese review of a CTS-V. If I could have a nice collection the wagon would be in it but would not be my first, second or third choice for a wagon. RS2 Avant, Volvo V70R or AMG wagon.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
There is a good Savage Geese review of a CTS-V. If I could have a nice collection the wagon would be in it but would not be my first, second or third choice for a wagon. RS2 Avant, Volvo V70R or AMG wagon.
The best I can describe them is that they were the new '03 Cobra' for the aftermarket. Big gains from easy mods. I saw one double black stick wagon from Canada that was dope.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
If only they could build one with awd and without an eyesore of an intercooler. And in this case, would rather an automatic so it could be a legitimate family hauler

Yes, AWD and even less HP would be good. On pump gas it makes like 600 and is programmed for boost by gear to help with traction but it really needs AWD. I'd keep the manual tho.

The best I can describe them is that they were the new '03 Cobra' for the aftermarket. Big gains from easy mods. I saw one double black stick wagon from Canada that was dope.

Big gains from easy mods is always a plus.

Now that you mention it I'd actually rather have a 03 Terminator over a CTS-V Wagon.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Wonder if the new Ct5V is a better drivers car than the ctsv. Apparently you can get it with a manual too, but no wagon.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
What about the Lotus Elise/Exige?

Thomas.brian23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
With $75K, I think I’d spend $40Kish on a new two-door Wrangler and then just save the rest. My GTI is new enough, low miles, and will be paid off by summer so it fulfills the role of the fun car. Lots of cool cars mentioned in the thread.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
With $75K, I think I’d spend $40Kish on a new two-door Wrangler and then just save the rest. My GTI is new enough, low miles, and will be paid off by summer so it fulfills the role of the fun car. Lots of cool cars mentioned in the thread.
If you’re buying a wrangler, you’re modding it with the rest of the cash.