GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

400whp in our gtis?

yvrnycracer

Never has enough power...
I should (i hope cross my fingers etc etc) hit 400whp soon... just waiting for a new tune and should install a meth kit... then its ON!

NewToVW

Automotive Ninja
Neither car is particularly good platform for a 400+ whp engine. Rumor has it, FWD sucks when paired with high power engines. My last project car was an MR2 Turbo. I did basic bolt ons, made 275 whp, and ran high 12's on street tires with an open differential.

yvrnycracer

Never has enough power...
Neither car is particularly good platform for a 400+ whp engine. Rumor has it, FWD sucks when paired with high power engines. My last project car was an MR2 Turbo. I did basic bolt ons, made 275 whp, and ran high 12's on street tires with an open differential.

I have no problems with my current setup traction wise or anything...

I run an LSD, experience little to no torque steer and am very happy with the overall driveability of the car... we'll see when I pump more power through it but it should be alright! :23:

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
I have around 315whp at the moment on a K04. Pulls like a biatch at low to mid range with the torque spike. I'm now after a little more power and recently came across a GT2871R kit with the larger .86 exhaust housing. So I'm sticking rods,pistons,injectors etc in it to see where I end up (basically the GIAC RSR kit). Here in the UK the pump gas is around 94-95 octane, so without w/m should I see anywhere near 400whp or would I more reasonably see mid to late 300's?