GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3M exterior paint protection film:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Anyone ever had this installed on a car that's a member here? If so, what did you think of it? I have an appointment this Friday to get my car covered. I've never done it before, so I'm not sure what I'll think about it. Seems like a good thing. Sure is expensive though. But I'm tired of buying new cars and getting hood chips in them within the first year.

Here's who's doing mine. He's the one the dealer recommended to me, and here's some of his work:

http://www.blockachip.com/shop/clear-bra-featured_installation

Cool think about him is that if you want, he'll bring his shop to you and do it all in your garage while you take care of things around the house etc. Beats losing hours sitting at an installers 30 miles away.

Anyway, thoughts?

Genome

Hippest Teacher. Ever.
Its great, and its worth it.

with the 3M, you don't have to worry about paint fading, since the 3M lets the sunlight thrugh so it fades evenly with the rest of the car. I had it on my old car, and it protected the paint REALLY well. I'd put it on my car, but I change bumpers, etc. too much as it is already.

With your new car, I think you'll find that its a great investment.

fairladyz_gt-r

Go Kart Champion
I have it on my car, and I can tell you, its worth every single penny! Well worth it!

However, please go to a reputable installer, be very careful, a bad installer can destroy your car.I have Ziebart installed mine, and they (Zibert) suck big time.

Otherwise the product is great!

Last edited:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Cool. Thanks guys. And yeah, I went through a very reputable installer. That's why I posted a link to just a handful of the cars he's done. The exotic dealers in the area send there cars to him to protect before the buyers pick them up.

Unfortunately legit equals expensive. But I tried talking him down over a few days, and that helped a bit.

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'07 GTI, '97 YZF600R
3M was probably the best $$ I spent on my former GTI. Yes it gets knicked from the rocks, and bugs can be a hard clean, but after 2 years you didn't see any of that unless you got real close, and it saved my hood, front bumper from numerous chips and scratches. :thumbup:

I had mine done here at a place called Ziebart's, same place I go to for my tint, and I can guarantee it will be on any new cars I buy in the future. Right now, since selling the GTI Friday, I've been looking for an older, used car, and it's pain-staking looking at all scared hoods and front ends. :cry:

fairladyz_gt-r

Go Kart Champion
3M was probably the best $$ I spent on my former GTI. Yes it gets knicked from the rocks, and bugs can be a hard clean, but after 2 years you didn't see any of that unless you got real close, and it saved my hood, front bumper from numerous chips and scratches. :thumbup:

I had mine done here at a place called Ziebart's, same place I go to for my tint, and I can guarantee it will be on any new cars I buy in the future. Right now, since selling the GTI Friday, I've been looking for an older, used car, and it's pain-staking looking at all scared hoods and front ends. :cry:

Ha? my Ziebart sux! I had to bring it back so they can get rid of the air bubble!