Car(s)
07' GTI
why not paint it black? it`ll look ace and you`ll be happy with the end result

I did paint it black. Thats the end result there. I"m happy with it.:biggrin:

V-dub Junglist

Ready to race!
Car(s)
BMP GTI
And I thought the Special Edition Halo 3 console I designed was hot.... Totally dig that Fast360. Picked up the Elite the day it came out, and 2 days later my client at microsoft said "ah, so you fell for our marketing"! Now, to finish Halo packaging...

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
And I thought the Special Edition Halo 3 console I designed was hot.... Totally dig that Fast360. Picked up the Elite the day it came out, and 2 days later my client at microsoft said "ah, so you fell for our marketing"! Now, to finish Halo packaging...

Marketing.. it has HDMI... thats the only reason I'd buy it.. and it would be totally worth it.

Hurley6x

Ready to race!
eh, i run my 360 caseless, theyre prone to overheating.

Contrary to popular believe running something caseless to prevent over heating can sometimes do more harm than good. I am not saying this is true for xbox360's but I know it is true for alot of computers and servers etc.

This is because computers are usually engineered to pull the heat from front to back and often times when you remove the side of the case the air just flows out the side as opposed to out the back, thus not cooling any of the electronic components of the system.

Thats just some food for thought, as i dont know shit about xbox's nor do i have one.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
hmmm. i never knew this. i wanna put the covers back on, might as well do something with em while theyre off.

school is out and those bastard kids come to my house to kickit.

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
hmmm. i never knew this. i wanna put the covers back on, might as well do something with em while theyre off.

ill kill the kids for ya... its 10 bucks a pop...

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG

I know someone makes a fan system, like those used for laptops, it mounts to the back and pulls three fan's worth of air through the CPU.

maybe check that out. I know I've even seen em at Target IIRC.

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure if I'd really buy the elite. I like the idea of having HDMI, but since my TV is only capable of 1080i not 1080p, I don't think it's going to make a big enough of a difference, for that money. Kirk, if your looking into a 360, personally, I'd wait until they come out with the new model with the cooler running processor. Only problem is I don't think its a for sure improvement, or even when it will come. But if it helps the serious overheating issues the 360 is having right now, it would be worth the wait. I just bought a used core w/ HDD and if this one fails on me, like many are doing, ill just wait for the new, more "reliable" one. If it proves so. Just my .02 tho.